Finance- Controllers - Product Control - Associate - Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs has long sustained a commitment to hiring and training outstanding leaders. Our business principles are rooted in integrity, a commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. These values enable us to execute successfully a business strategy that is focused on extraordinary client service and superior long-term financial performance for our shareholders.
We conduct our business in increasingly complex markets. Our people must continually find new ways to provide access to capital, manage risk and provide investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realise their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures.
Through careful consideration and analyses of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth.
• Safeguard the assets and reputation of the firm by controlling and supporting the trading divisions, as well as ensuring that they are in compliance with the firm’s policies and with the rules/regulations that govern global financial markets
• Manage a team that is responsible for daily, weekly and monthly P&L, analysis (includes product analysis and new trade review) and Price verification
• Work closely with other divisions, including: Regulatory Reporting, Corporate Accounting, Legal and Compliance, Operations, IT and Trading Divisions
Basic Qualifications• Qualified CA
• Work Experience: Minimum 5 years of post qualification experience
• Basic industry knowledge and strong accounting knowledge. Keen interest in products and markets and a flair for systems.
• Strong Leadership and team management skills
• Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
• Able to grasp new concepts quickly and work in a team environment
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Excellent interpersonal, client relationship and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Self starter, inquisitive, enthusiastic with a strong analytical mind-set
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, ‘Goldman Sachs University’ offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the principle of diversity.
Goldman Sachs conducts background checks on individuals offered employment with the firm and employment with Goldman Sachs is conditional upon individuals successfully completing those checks. As part of the background check process, Goldman Sachs may need to obtain a record of disclosable criminal convictions from a government agency such as the Criminal Records Bureau. The firm has adopted policies on the recruitment of ex-offenders and on the retention, storage and disposal of criminal record information which are available on request.