IMD-AIMS Private Equity Group Investment- Associate- New York
- Job id
- New York
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, and traditional long-only managers. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of- fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 250 professionals across 10 offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs’ market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $100 bn of alternative investments and traditional long-only managers through the AIMS Hedge Fund Strategies, AIMS Private Equity Group, AIMS Real Estate Investment Group, and AIMS Global Manager Strategies programs.
• Diligence and evaluate co-investment opportunities across a broad range of private equity deal types and sectors
• Evaluate secondary private equity transactions, with a specific focus on asset-level valuation within portfolios
• Evaluate private equity managers for consideration as part of fund-of-funds and or separate account mandates
• Present investment opportunities to the Investment Committee through written and oral presentations, and required follow-up
• Coordinate the execution of investments across all deal types, including working closely with internal (e.g. internal counsel, compliance, cash management) and external parties (e.g. private equity managers, external counsel)
• Monitor the performance and risk profile of existing portfolio investments
Preferred Qualifications• Minimum of 4 years experience in Corporate Finance/M&A/Leverage Finance/Private Equity.
• Sound investment judgment as well as outstanding numerical, analytical and valuation skills are required to assess investment opportunities.
• Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills are required in order to make robust recommendations to the Investment Committee and cooperate with third parties.
• Excellent time, people and project management skills as well as the ability to work as part of a team are a must.
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.