Securities Division, Management and Strategy - Analyst, Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe professionals in our Securities Division help institutional clients, including fund managers, financial service providers and large corporations, buy and sell financial instruments on exchanges around the world. From developing trading strategies to the final clearing and execution of transactions, our professionals provide insights and strategies that help clients achieve their goals.
The Management & Strategy Team works as an internal consultant to deliver innovative and business-changing recommendations that form the core of revenue/ product verticals globally. The team provides exhaustive analysis on business performance spanning across Sales, Trading and Finance.
The team in Bangalore acts as an integral part of the global management and strategy group, it helps different business unit heads across all markets by providing relevant information about their businesses, which in turn facilitates effective decision making and fosters growth.
The broad range of responsibilities offer candidates an opportunity to work in and understand the business more closely, with comprehensive training, broad exposure and access to a first class network aiding career advancement.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for generation, distribution and analysis of weekly, monthly and annual revenue for Securities division (w.r.t.business units, sales locations, client industry and trade type) based on which management strategy is framed and executed
• Identify possible cross selling opportunities and improve existing client coverage models
• Devise creative methodologies to improve business efficiency across markets
• Analyze variances and trends underlying revenues & expenses to provide the business with regular updates through reports
supported by well documented commentaries
• Work closely with sales/ trading/ finance leadership during Securities division town halls – assist with presentations /
performance analysis / future strategy
• Assist businesses in Opportunity Analysis (potential clients) by providing Industry Analysis/ Market penetration / Coverage reports
• Initiate and drive the global budgeting / forecasting process by actively engaging and interacting with the business partners
• Interact with Franchise Management teams across business units and regions, as well as teams across Federation and Producing divisions
• Play a key role in global initiatives to drive and streamline business critical projects
• Continually endeavor to gain in-depth knowledge and enhance the understanding of Securities structures, Products and Global markets
Basic Qualifications• Bachelors or Master’s degree of Finance, Economics, Business or Commerce.
• Minimum 6 months of experience in financial services industry, preferably in an analytical function
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal), ability to interact with global stakeholders
• Should possess a strong analytical and commercial mindset
• Strong system skills, Advanced Excel / PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications• Good understanding of Securities business and products
• Knowledge of Statistical tools /Financial Modeling
• Inquisitive, enthusiastic self-starter with a strong analytical mind-set
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure
• Good organizational/multi-tasking skills and focus on meeting deadlines