Internal Audit -Capital Markets -Auditor- Associate
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesInternal Audit independently assesses the firm’s internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm’s operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management’s control measures. IA assists the firm’s Board of Directors’ Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors.
Internal Audit is organised into global teams of business and technology auditors:
• Capital Markets - covers the firm’s Securities, Investment Banking and Global Investment Research businesses; and related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Compliance.
• Investment Management - covers the firm’s Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
• Corporate - covers the firm’s Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas.
• Enterprise - covers Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office.
The role requires participation in planning and scoping reviews, meeting with key people within the area being reviewed to understand and walk through the business and technology processes and identifying the key risks and controls to be assessed.
• Preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified.
• Assessment of the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and production of the report to management.
• Follow up with clients on remediation of actions coming out of issues identified during audits.
• Ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
• Ongoing liaison with colleagues globally and internal and external stakeholders including regulators and external audit.
• Maintenance of internal client relationships and regular interaction with the business during the year to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the business.
Basic Qualifications• Qualified accountants or other relevant background.
• Minimum 5+ years of audit experience in Financial services industry. Audit experience in Capital markets , Investment management, asset management is desirable
Preferred Qualifications• Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
• Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden knowledge and demonstrates appropriate analytical skills
• Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
• Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Teamwork – Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
• Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
• Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
• Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations