Compliance, Automated Trading Control Validation - Associate, Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesDepartment Summary:
Strat Compliance is a niche team of professionals in Bangalore who play a central role in the division’s global strategy to provide solutions to the firm’s traditional business and growth market strategy.
The team closely works with the Firm’s quantitative modeling and analytics group (Strats) to manage regulatory and reputational risk. One area of focus is risks in the automated trading space. Risks range from automated trading specific (exchange connectivity) to general regulatory controls (quote throttling) and span all automated trading platforms across the firm; from equities to F/X. To address these risks, the Firm has established an automated trading control framework that consists of control design, automated testing, governance and monitoring. A key component of this framework is independent validation that controls have been implemented to properly address identified risks.
The automated trading controls (ATC) validation function will perform the independent validation of controls within our automated trading environment.
Summary of the role:
This individual will be joining as part of a new team for the ATC validation function. They will be responsible to not only understand and validate Algorithmic trading controls but to be able to challenge the underlying assumptions and design decisions.
The team works closely with compliance management, Strats and IT who build the automated trading systems, and compliance/legal officers.
The automated trading controls (ATC) validation function will perform the independent validation of controls within our automated trading environment. Some of the key areas covered as part of this, but not limited to, are –
• Assessment on adequacy of controls to cover all risks those emerge from Algorithmic Trading
• Verify Risk Control layer within algorithmic trading platforms/systems
• Run scenario analysis of orders and executions and their impact on controls.
• Evaluate Test Harness that supports the working functionality of the Electronic trading controls.
This will require covering the following to:
• Understand the architecture, functioning and processes of the automated trading business activity.
• Evaluate the control design and regression tests where appropriate
• Execute validation steps across all automated trading businesses
• Make recommendations for changes where appropriate
• Work with Strats/IT to ensure appropriate changes are implemented and meet the control
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor or Masters in applicable field e.g. engineering, computational finance, computer science etc
• Minimum 3 years of experience
• Ability to analyze the suitability of design based on assumption and input reviews
• Design specific tests to assess impacts of trading flow risks identified in the validation
• Motivated and capable of validating Automated Trading Controls through code review or regression test design
• General understanding of a wide range of financial products
• Programming/code review skills
• General understanding of the regulatory environment and rules
Preferred Qualifications• Work experience in developing automated trading systems/Algos/controls is preferable
• Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
• Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
• Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
• Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Teamwork – Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
• Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
• Judgment and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
• Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations