Technology Division, Securities Trading Support Specialist, Analyst Developer - Mumbai
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThis role places the successful candidate at the heart of our Mumbai office, where you will provide operational and technical assistance to both our internal traders and our external clients. You will be expected to work with every component in the GS order flow, Client facing FIX technology, Order Management, Exchange Connectivity (for all of which extensive training will be given) in order to assess risk during systems changes, provide input to system design and supportability, swiftly resolve production issues and add enhancements to our systems.
Other functional responsibilities include the following:
• Anticipate, diagnose and solve problems
• Research and diagnose bugs
• Provide feedback to core development groups on longer-term application requirements
• Help to set standards for application testing, documentation and rollout
• Undertake system enhancements
• Interface daily with Front Office and Middle Office; there is considerable exposure to the trading desks and a key requirement is to build strong user relationships
• Proactive management and monitoring of our environment, together with extensive problem identification, ownership, resolution or escalation
• Managing significant system outages, directing activities of all development and infrastructure teams to resolve serious production issues
• Identify improvements to system behaviour, control tools and to monitoring tools
• Build support tools to make support tasks more efficient
• Run projects that continue to improve the availability, stability, performance of the system (e.g. failover dry runs and other war-games).
• Help plan new releases of software with development teams
• Manage the turnover of new releases into the production environment and subsequent testing.
• Work as part of a global team
Close interaction exists between the Mission Control, Sales, Trading, Middle Office and Compliance teams, in addition to extensive interaction with our development community, as well as the wider global Mission Control team.
Basic Qualifications• Excellent troubleshooting and communications skills
• Will take the initiative to improve their situation
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks effectively
• Ability to react calmly but quickly in emergency situations
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and technologies
• Comfortable operating in a dynamic and exciting trading environment
• Team player
• Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems
• Detailed knowledge of Unix
• Programming in SQL, shell scripts and Perl
• Working knowledge of network routing and protocols (TCP/IP, Firewalls etc.) beneficial but not essential
• An ex-developer or Unix systems administrator who wishes to have direct exposure to the business and thrives on deep diving into problems would be an ideal fit
Preferred Qualifications• Knowledge of Equities markets
• Experience working in a front-line, client-facing technical support role in a user-focused environment
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.