Finance, Controllers, Financial Reporting, Associate (New York
- Job id
- New York
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe applicant will participate in the firmwide reforecast, year-end projection, and budget processes as well as have the responsibility of coordinating certain management reporting deliverables and various projects in Financial Reporting. Diligence, attention to detail, analytical skills, superb organization skills, strong Excel skills and interpersonal skills are a must. The applicant should also have excellent writing skills, possess the ability and confidence to work well with a broad range of product controllers and CFO teams across the firm, consistently deliver and meet tight reporting deadlines, have a very strong team focus and be able to multi-task. Financial services industry experience is especially useful. Experience in producing senior management reporting and excel modeling is also a plus.
• Be the point person for the consolidation of the firmwide budget and reforecasts.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Preparation of the firmwide budget/reforecast presentation, including supplemental analyses on revenue, expense, and headcount projections, for senior executives.
• Coordination and heavy interaction with the CFO teams from every division and region as well as with other groups in Controllers.
• Work closely with Technology on various initiatives to update and enhance our reforecast / budget processes and other financial reporting processes.
• Point person for the analysis and preparation of divisional expense allocations with respect to the reforecast, year-end projections, the budget, and other ad-hoc requests.
• Participate in the larger group’s preparation and review of the firmwide daily, weekly P&L’s and projections.
• Be the point person for our team’s contribution to group-wide management reports, including monthly and quarterly analysis packages.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business discipline is a must.
• Excellent Excel skills are required. Word, Powerpoint, and Hyperion Essbase skills are a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, multitasking abilities.
• Extremely organized (e.g., able to manage simultaneous deliverables)
• Strong analytical skills (i.e., being able to identify and research issues).
• Results driven.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2014. All rights reserved.