Technology - PWM Technology - Production Management Service Engineer
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesPrivate Wealth Management (PWM) business is committed to identifying, creating and providing access to some of the best, most innovative investment ideas and opportunities. Our clients, who include 45% of the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest individuals, turn to our Investment Professionals, as their trusted advisors, to assist them in building and managing their wealth. PWM offers a full array of financial counselling services that complement our traditional investment advisory and brokerage businesses and is a part of the Investment Management Division (IMD).
The team is responsible for performing engineering functions (Automation, Workflow tools for Level-1 support staff, Major application re-architecture etc.) for high available applications. These applications are used by external clients; PWAs located across the globe and global operations teams.
The open position is to work as senior analyst-developer in the Production Management team covering sub-ledger and reconciliation and Cash management technology in Bangalore; which is a part of the global PWM technology department. The team is currently located in both Salt Lake City, Utah and Bangalore; teams in both the locations contribute equally identifying and analyzing opportunities for improving our mission-critical applications and services and actively developing upon those opportunities through software engineering. This includes developing and integrating automation and monitoring systems and services, frameworks, tools, and any other creative means to improve Level 1 support efficiencies and optimizing Level 2 application support and user support.
• Work closely with multiple functional development teams and management to identify and analyze opportunities to improve overall application health and sustainability
• Work closely with Level 1 Production Management team to improve efficiency and effectiveness of support functions through operational run book creation, tooling, and general knowledge transfer
• Actively measure, monitor, and report current support spend; identify patterns and trends for recommending areas for investment
• Work on multiple analysis and development projects simultaneously; coordinate with different technologists across different geographical locations
• Drive efforts to increase performance and resiliency of software through engineering best practices and patterns
• Contribute as a strong team player and build rapport and relationships with key stakeholders and other development teams
• Take ownership of application support and drive escalated incidents through to resolution; report on causality, remediation, and provide expert recommendation for strategic improvement
• Develop tools through automation and devise processes to continually improve the efficiency of application and system operations
Basic QualificationsKey technologies used: scripting languages and tools (e.g. Perl, Python, Shell), enterprise development platforms (e.g. Java SE/EE), database platforms (e.g. Sybase, DB2), Autosys, UNIX/Linux
SKILL / EXPERIENCE
Mandatory technical skills for this position include:
• 3-5 years of scripting experience (preferably Perl, Shell, JSP)
• 2-4 years of relational DB experience (Preferably Sybase)
1-3 years of Java experience
• UNIX / Linux exposure
Exposure to the following technologies will be a plus:
• 2-4 years of experiencing in building automation tools for support teams
• 2-4 years of Web application development experience
Strong client relationship and interaction/communications (email and verbal) skills working with clients both locally and globally via conference calls. Willingness to handle escalated (Level 2) production support incidents. Prior experience in working in global teams, on-site experience and knowledge of financial domain is a plus.