Technology - Tech Infrastructure - Microsoft Windows Services Engineer (Infrastructure
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesBachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
As a senior SME for the Microsoft Windows Infra Services, you will have the following responsibilities.
- Design review, plan, deploy, support for multi-geo Windows 2008/2012 Environment
- Collaborating with Product teams in the design and production on boarding of their solutions
- Extensive knowledge on Virtualization (Windows Hyper-V or VMWare)
- In-depth knowledge on VDI infrastructure like Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Citrix
- Own and drive information technology related software, equipment installations, moves, changes and system enhancements to improve reliability and performance of Microsoft Windows Infrastructure.
- Analysing risks, gaps in existing environment and resolve them.
- Project planning, implementation and migration strategies for Windows Infrastructure
- Enhancing scalability, performance, and monitoring strategies for the existing platform
- Collaborate with other IT technical teams to define and develop documented procedures implement service and system monitoring and alerting; provide extended support
- Leading new Services initiatives on Windows/Citrix Platforms
- PowerShell based automation of Windows platform
Basic Qualificationso In-depth knowledge on Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 and HyperV. Management via remote technologies.
o Deep experience on WSUS, Antivirus solutions (SCEP), SQL and SCCM
o Track record of working on heterogeneous WIntel environment with knowledge on High Availability and Disaster Recovery.
Advanced level troubleshooting of Windows related issues with experience in toolsets like Net Mon, Proc Mon and Wireshark
Experience of Server Hardware technologies (Dell, HP, IBM) including configuration and troubleshooting
o Hands on knowledge on PowerShell 2.0. .NET desirable.
o Good understanding of Backup and Restore technologies
o Overall knowledge of Active directory, WINS, DNS and Network Infrastructure.
Good knowledge on Monitoring tools like MOM, SCOM.
Experience in Service Management and ITL methodologies including;
Configuration, change and incident management
Risk and capacity management
Continuous improvement practices