Technology - PWM Tech - Core Infra Sr java deveoper
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesPrivate Wealth Management (PWM) is committed to identifying, creating and providing access to some of the best, most innovative investment ideas and opportunities. Our clients, which include 45% of the Forbes 400 list of wealthiest individuals, turn to our Investment Professionals, as their trusted advisors, to assist them in building and managing their wealth. PWM offers a full array of financial counseling services that complement our traditional investment advisory and brokerage businesses.
The Core Platform Infrastructure team, being part of the broader Enterprise Architecture Organization, is responsible identifying Standards, Specifications, and Patterns that drive architectural direction of PWM BU’s application infrastructure and codifying them in frameworks and governance models to ensure adherence. The team’s mandate is also to provide architectural guidance and consultation services to the broader PWM Technology community. Additionally, the team is responsible for technical excellence, evaluating emerging technologies and staying connected to the broader GS technology organization, e.g. other engineering groups and the Goldman Sachs Technology Fellows.
We are looking for a technologist who has strong hands-on technical skills, good communication and generally excited about technology.
Role and Responsibilities
• Provide technical and architectural leadership to the broader Technology community
• Get involved with highly technical projects in hands-on capacity when required
• Be the source of innovation when it comes to problem solving or leveraging technology
• Stay up to date with current and emerging Java and Server Side technologies
• Focus and cultivate center of excellence for Developer and Division Efficiency
• Manage global/local projects
• Work closely with users on requirements, project plans and prioritization
• Work as part of a global team
• Build and maintain strong relationships with users and PWM technology leadership.
• Understand the key drivers of the business and broad technology organization
• Demonstrate leadership skills in a team setting and is passionate about providing innovative technology solutions to solve complex business problems
The role involves working closely with developers. The role will also involve coaching of other members of the team and taking a lead in promoting strong analysis, design, implementation and support practices. Over time, this role will present an opportunity to learn about PWM's business challenges and to innovate and explore cutting edge technologies. This will provide an opportunity to show strategic initiative and leadership in these areas.
Basic QualificationsTechnical Qualifications
• Computer Science degree or equivalent
• Minimum 7 yrs experience IT role
• Experience with Java and J2EE is essential
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
• Must have experience with OO design and development
• Deep understanding and practitioner of SDLC
• Experience with RDBMS is a plus
• Familiarity with Linux/Solaris operating platform
• Strong architectural background and experience
• Healthy sense of balancing commercial value vs. risk in context of technology
• Understands the operational challenges of running large enterprise systems
• Is passionate about technology and innovation
• Strong communication and client-facing skills
• Deep analytical and problem solving abilities, attention to detail
• Strong teamwork skills
• Strong desire to learn the business
• Strong desire to continue to evolve as a technologist
• Motivated to coach / mentor team members
• Personal organization and task management
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure