Human Capital Management - HCM Solutions - Business/Systems Analyst
- Job id
- New York
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesHCM (Human Capital Management) Solutions is responsible for designing and managing the firm’s core employee data and talent systems and process strategy. We provide management and advisory services related to the processes, technologies and vendors that manage the employment and personal data of the Firm’s employees from initial application through retirement. This is a dynamic team with broad responsibilities and interaction with numerous teams around the globe both within and outside HCM. HCM Solutions implements leading edge HCM technologies to optimize process and operational efficiency, ensuring all HCM data is compliant with internal and external requirements.
• Assists with the design and implementation of new and existing talent systems. Supports the project team in the development, planning, execution and user-acceptance testing of various projects / enhancements related to HCM Solutions systems.
• Maintains a detailed understanding of HCM data and validation mechanisms in each system; works with internal technology partners and external vendors to investigate issues & inquiries, assess impacts and formulates / proposes solutions as required.
• Provide training and support on systems for proper data-entry and analysis to improve data quality / integrity. Work closely with support teams across the globe to provide a high level of customer service.
• Serves as a subject matter expert to the HCM division and provide advice / guidance regarding systems and processes.
• Acts as a point of contact for queries from end users; responsible for training internal functions on HCM Solutions owned systems.
• Design and produce ad-hoc / recurring reports managed in Business Objects, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
• Works effectively in a team to continuously review regional processes and identify opportunities for consolidation / automation with aim of developing a more comprehensive and consistent global support model where feasible.
Experience / Core Competencies
• Work Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 2 years relevant experience. Must be able to deliver results in a high pressure, quick-paced environment.
• Technical Expertise: Knowledge of business processes and data structures associated to technology platforms with familiarity of data flows to/from downstream systems. High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Business Objects and database management.
• Functional Expertise: Knowledge and understanding of HR organization and business; attention to detail and proven ability to deliver with accuracy and thoroughness. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an inquisitive disposition.
• Drive & Motivation: Able to handle multiple tasks concurrently; takes necessary action without being asked; works intensely towards challenging goals; persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated client service focus, with ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with internal partners and external vendors.
• Judgment: Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies; finds alternative solutions when ideal solutions are not possible; accurately analyzes key issues in problems and identifies practical solutions.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2014. All rights reserved.