Technology- FICC Technology- Global Credit Developer
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & Responsibilities• Working as an analyst/developer of the global Credit Derivatives Flow Technology team and includes
• Partnering closely with traders, salespeople, quantitative and operation analysts on issues and business initiatives to drive profitably and efficiency
• Supporting the business on day to day issues
• Analysing and defining requirements to challenging business problems
• Formulating and developing innovative and fault-tolerant technical solutions while helping to deliver them in a timely manner to meet frequently tight business deadlines
• Enhancing current systems to meet the growing business volumes and demands
• Monitoring performance and failure rates to recommend and engineering cost-effective solutions where needed
• Having exposure to all stages of the software development cycle with a range of technologies ( standard and proprietary ) including SecDB, a state-of-the-art object-oriented database.
• Considerable exposure to the business and we strive to maintain a close relationship with traders, sales and strategists, with seats available on the trading desk to increase interaction.
Basic Qualifications• Knowledge of derivatives and electronic trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organisation is essential. Experience in Credit Derivatives, Fixed Income or one of the other asset classes, while not essential, is advantageous. The desire to understand the financial products is crucial.
• Be able to work in a high-pressure environment and be able to multitask and prioritize appropriately in order to remain delivery focussed.
• Be a self starter with a can-do attitude about making technology work for the business.
• Possess excellent technical skills to analyse and develop high quality software.
• Have strong analytical skills in tackling challenging problems and be able to work tactically or strategically where required.
• Have the drive to see projects through from specification through to development, production and support
• Be a strong team player; be a positive role model for other members of the team.
• Have solid communication and interpersonal skills. These are a must given that the role will involve liaising with nontechnical people like traders, salespeople and operations.
• Have the discipline and interpersonal skills to work well in a global environment, complementing teams in other locations.
• Contribute to design debates both within the team and more widely.
• Coach team members and encourage good practices.
• Strong programming experience in more than one procedural/object oriented languages (C/C++, Java, C#)
• Strong in system development concepts including distributed computing, design patterns, messaging middleware, performance optimisation.
• Good track record of academic and professional achievements.
• Working knowledge of UNIX, Linux, and Windows.