Operations- Operations Strats- Data Strats- Analyst- Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesBusiness Unit Overview:
Ops Data Strats is a team of internal technical consultants to the Operations Division. The team focuses on improving the quality, scalability, and accessibility of data to enable process improvements and big data analytics. Better data allows Operations to work more effectively and to capitalize on new commercial opportunities.
Examples of projects that the team engages in include:
• Developing a query optimizer algorithm for converting business concepts to SQL queries, automatically making smarter decisions about which tables to join
• Redesigning how trading information is passed between systems and processes, reducing operational delays and costs
• Applying machine learning methods to detect the root causes of anomalies in a dataset
• Developing a division-wide view of operational costs that can be queried by product or client, and that enables standardized analytics and forecasting
• Design data strategy and technical architecture to discover business opportunities and improve the firm’s profitability
• Interact with end users, senior management, and others to understand current issues in Operations, gaining broad exposure to the division’s and the firm’s business activities
• Rapidly produce software to meet high impact business needs, working concurrently on projects of limited duration
Basic Qualifications• B.S. in technical field (math, physics, engineering) from a top school
• Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals such as analysis and design of algorithms, basic data structures, etc.
• Programming experience in a variety of programming languages like C, C++, Java, Scala, etc.
• Strong interest in database technologies, such as SQL or Hadoop
Preferred Qualifications• M.S., Ph.D. in technical field
• Experience in data warehousing and/or data modeling
• Understanding of distributed systems
• Experience in a consulting role
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.