Operations - Liquidity & Collateral Operations - Treasury - VP - Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesOperations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Liquidity & Collateral Operations (LCO) manages the operational elements for daily funding and liquidity of the firm, oversees the firm's payment strategy and overall cash flows and positions, and also performs key functions related to counterparty risk management, client transparency, and product and pricing reference data. LCO comprises five Departments: Funding Operations, Treasury Operations, Accounting Services, Reference Data Strategy and Margin, Valuations and Pricing (MVP).
Part of the Global Liquidity & Collateral Operations division, Treasury Operations is the gateway for all cash movements into and out of the firm, irrespective of the underlying financial product. Our Bangalore Treasury team manages functions such as liquidity management, settlements, reconciliations and claims for the firm across the EMEA, Americas and Asia, ensuring the firm meets its payment obligations and is funded efficiently and cost effectively. We are part of a global team responsible for managing cash transactions in 64 currencies across ~1700 bank accounts every day. To achieve this we work closely with all the businesses within the firm (including FX, Prime Brokerage, Asset Servicing, Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Products, Listed Derivatives, Commodities, Collateral) and multiple external service providers. We also partner with Funding Operations, Corporate Treasury, Currency Operations, Technology and others to determine the best liquidity management models for new markets as our business expands into growth areas; and we work with industry partners to develop and set standards that help drive best practices across the industry.
• Liaise with Derivatives, Clearing and Security Operations teams across the globe to ensure accurate application of cash and reduce client and liquidity risk
• Maintain close relationships with market counterparts, agent banks & internal business partners, as well as daily interaction with Global Treasury Operations teams in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, London, New York and Salt Lake City.
• Assessing reconciliations and systems requirements for New Products as well as being involved in any initiatives undertaken to improve application of cash such as SWIFT messaging improvements
• Oversee the execution of high value or sensitive transactions (for Equities, Bank Loans, IBD and IPO’s amongst others)
• Manage and resolve payment related investigations, such as amendments, recalls, tracers and cancellations.
• Minimize financial, reputational and regulatory risk to the firm and its clients
• Analyse and resolve exceptions, escalate risk items to management and the business
• Work towards improving efficiency & control of existing processes
• Defining and implementing necessary controls for new business flows in emerging and growth markets
• Develop and motivate diverse teams on departmental vision and strategy
• Exhibit confidence in communicating in a variety of forums, including one-to-one feedback sessions, formal presentations, training sessions and town halls.
• Translate Firm and Operations strategies into objectives for the Department, and proactively manage performance against these deliverables
• Develop new processes and re-engineer current processes to meet changing needs of the business
• Managing risks in the process by implementing and reviewing relevant controls.
• Represent Treasury Operations on various cross department initiatives
• Manage and develop team members
This position description is intended to describe the duties most frequently performed by an individual in this position. It is not intended to be a complete list of assigned duties but to describe a position level. The role shall be performed within a professional office environment. Goldman Sachs has health and safety polices that are available for all workers upon request. There are no specific health risks associate with the role.
Basic Qualifications• Graduate
• 7+ years experience in the financial services industry / domain
Preferred Qualifications• People management
• Change management – The ability to identify opportunities for improvement in order to gain efficiencies and enhance controls
• Knowledge of accounts reconciliation requirements is desirable
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.