Operations - Liquidity & Collateral Operations - Accounting Services - VP - Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesOperations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. The Operations division represents approximately 14% of the firm, with more than 4,500 employees across the globe.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Liquidity & Collateral Operations (LCO) manages the operational elements for daily funding and liquidity of the firm, oversees the firm's payment strategy and overall cash flows and positions, and also performs key functions related to counterparty risk management, client transparency, and product and pricing data. In addition to the traditional line functions, LCO is home to Operations Technology Strategy and Reference Data Strategy, both of which focus on strategic process and technology solutions for the division and often the broader
Accounting Services Division is part of the Operations division of Goldman Sachs and comprises of nearly 100 professionals based at 7 centres across the globe. Accounting Services is responsible for settling travel-related and syndicate-related expenses, facilitating payments to outside vendors. Accounting services also effectively partners with key stakeholders across divisions across the globe in managing and controlling risks pertaining to vendor payments and employee travel expense reimbursements
The role requires an individual to be responsible for delivery of key functions in the department. Requires efficient management of risks associated with process. This includes driving forward key initiatives, identifying opportunities for improved efficiencies and involvement in projects both globally and regionally. Individual needs to exhibit the ability to identify problems and control gaps and come up with innovative solutions to mitigate the risk. The role also demands the ability to effectively communicate with stake holders across different regions including Firmwide Divisional and Senior Operations management team. Interface with Operations Senior management, business unit managers, divisional finance, controllers and tax departments. They will also have continual contact with our global offices in London, New York and Singapore.
• Take ownership for developing the next generation of managers (i.e. focus on Team Managers)
• Develop and motivate diverse teams on departmental vision and strategy
• Exhibit confidence in communicating in a variety of forums, including one-to-one feedback sessions, formal presentations, training sessions and town halls
• Translate Firm and Operations strategies into objectives for the Department, and proactively manage performance against these deliverables
• Develop new processes and re-engineer current processes to meet changing needs of the business
• Manage relationships with global divisional finance teams.
• Managing risks in the process by implementing and reviewing relevant controls.
• Represent Accounting Services on various cross department initiatives
• Performance and management reporting of non-comp expense data
• Manage and develop team members
• Manage relationships with risk partners like Global Control, Treasury and Controllers
Basic Qualifications• Bachelors degree
• 10+ years experience in an Ops role (financial services industry / domain)
Preferred Qualifications• Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Should be able to effectively communicate and develop/sustain good working relationships with other teams and stakeholders
• Ability to motivate teams to high levels of productivity and accuracy during periods of increased volume and retain risk and control focus is also essential to the role
• Excellent partnership building skills and strong customer service perspective
• Good teamwork skills and ability to work with a wide user group in different regions of the world
• Effective organisational and time management skills
• Committed and proactive with a desire to succeed
• Forward thinking with the ability to assert new ideas and follow them through
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.