Finance - Controllers - IMD Product Controllers - Vice President - Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures.
Through careful consideration and analysis of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth.
The Asia Pacific IMD Product Controllers team within Controllers is currently centralized in Tokyo and supports the Investment Management business in Japan, China, Australia, and other countries in the region. The team is looking to expand to Bangalore in 2014.
The team’s main responsibilities are to produce and analyze the daily trading activities and to verify the values of instruments held by Goldman Sachs funds. This role requires extensive interaction with internal teams and external Fund Administrators and pricing vendors. Product Controllers are expected to develop a good understanding of the products and strategies used by portfolio managers, and be familiar with applicable rules and regulations and that impact valuation. The function has become increasingly technical in content and offers a challenging and interesting role for dynamic, bright and ambitious individuals with a drive to succeed.
• Review / analyze daily P&L report to Trading Desk, investor report and performance to investors
• Review reconciliation reports to ensure data integrity
• Review and resolve daily pricing exceptions raised by Fund Administrators
• Conduct month-end independent price verification
• Organize monthly Asia Pacific Valuation committee to discuss valuation issues within the region
• Provide input to new instrument/new product launches from a valuation perspective
• Perform month-end P&L and valuation tie-out to Fund Administrators
• Communicate with trading counterparts and resolve material derivative valuation differences
• Sign off on valuation before NAV is issued to investors
• Examine quality of Pricing Vendors and pricing exception tolerance level with US counterparts
• Contribute to enhance overall control framework
• Liaise with IMD Product Controllers team members and managers in other Asia offices
Basic Qualifications• Minimum of 8 years of post qualification work experience , including at least 3 years in Product Control
• Knowledge in financial instruments accounting
• Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other applications
Preferred Qualifications• CA, CPA, and/or CFA qualifications
• Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
• Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team