Technology - FICC Technology - IRP Technology Bangalore - Asia eDealing Developer
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe Interest Rates Products (IRP) technology team is responsible for developing, enhancing, and supporting a variety of applications for the Interest Rates trading desks. The IRP desk is a market maker in products ranging from vanilla US Treasury bonds and Interest Rate swaps to more exotic interest rate derivative products and structured notes. As our business and markets embrace sophisticated technology in electronic trading to reach more clients and trade more efficiently, the developers in our IRP eTrading team have played an increasingly central role in the business strategy. This has created unique opportunities for strong and motivated developers with an interest in partnering with some of the industry’s most sophisticated traders and strategists.
The members of the IRP eTrading Technology team are involved in design, implementation, and enhancement of complex e-trading solutions. Candidates will have to interact with traders, strategists, operations, and various technology teams within Goldman Sachs. They will also need to have the ability to act on their own initiative and work towards gaining an in-depth knowledge of both the business and the systems. The candidate will work with a wide range of technology solutions such as Java, EMS queues, C#, and Goldman’s proprietary SecDB platform.
The candidate will:
• Design, implement, and enhance of complex e-trading solutions
• Build and manage relationships with traders, strategists, middle-office and controllers to understand and deliver technology solutions to automate e-trading flows and other aspects of the IRP business.
• Analyze, develop and deliver technology solutions to satisfy business requirements.
• Build relationships with other technology teams to leverage existing systems and processes wherever possible.
• Development – Design, build and deploy critical etrading applications – exchange and IDB connectivity, GS offerings on retail client platforms, hedging and execution solutions, and post trade feeds, among others.
• Development will be in Java, C# or in a proprietary language (Slang/SecDb).
• Analysis - Liaise with traders, salespeople, strategists, and operations users and other technology groups to determine development requirements, specifications and priorities.
• Support – All members of our development teams rotate through support.
Basic QualificationsTechnical Skills
• Extremely strong technical and analytical skills (we are relatively agnostic to language)
• 3-7 years of professional development experience in an OO language (Java/C++)
• Experience with financial services messaging (FIX/FAST) and fixed income exchange APIs preferred
• First-degree in an analytical subject (CS, Math, Engineering, Finance etc)
Additional Skills Required
• Strong analytical skills and organizational abilities
• Clear and confident communicator
• Highly motivated and intelligent individual with desire to learn complex technology flows and financial products