Technology - HCM & Comp. Accounting Technology - HCM Reward Technology Lead
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe Human Capital Management area has as its mission to maximize return on our most important asset: people. To meet this goal, there are financial and workforce related solutions that need to be delivered to support the end-to-end employee lifecycle.
Applications addressing the financial solutions side include compensation planning and recommendations; administration of the Firm's equity and option awards and deliveries; coordination and execution of relocation and mobility for employees; integration with the Firm's benefit providers and administration of the employee funds established within the various private equity and real estate funds offered by the Firm's special investment businesses.
Applications addressing the workforce solutions include recruiting experienced and campus candidates; people lifecycle management; time and attendance tracking; eLearning solutions; talent assessment and management; and reporting and analytic solutions required to meet MIS and divisional needs.
• Responsible for application analysis, design, development and support; should be familiar with all SDLC phases
• Work with internal clients and end-users to determine functional requirements
• Provide leadership and guidance to other team members in technical specialties
• Communicate effectively in both verbal and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
Basic Qualifications• Minimum 8+ years of strong hands-on design and development of web-based applications.
• Extensive technical experience with Java, J2EE, Struts, UNIX, Linux and Perl. Extensive relational database design experience required, specifically with UDB and Sybase.
• Strong Object-oriented analysis and design skills, OO design patterns, and UML
• RDBMS, SQL, Data Modeling experience with designing and developing data model, queries, stored procedures
• Strong collaboration skills required; must be a team player (required to work extensively with other teams both locally and globally).
• Good user requirements analysis skills and the ability to build strong user relationships
• Financial services experience a significant plus.
• Proven track record on delivering projects successfully. Must work well under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deliverables efficiently and effectively.
• Strong communication (Written and Verbal), analytical and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Qualifications"• Web: ExtJs, Angular, Bootstrap UI frameworks
• Unix: Linux, scripting (shell, Perl)
• Database: DbUnit
• Reporting: Business Objects, ETL
• Regression Testing tools
• Agile methodologies (Extreme Programming, Scrum etc)
• Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
• Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
• Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Teamwork – Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
• Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
• Judgment and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• People Management - take responsibility for developing talent, providing coaching, mentoring, guidance, instruction and feedback. Promoting ownership and motivating the team. Delegating authority with appropriate oversight.
• Project Management - Proactively involving key users and project constituents in all stages of projects; communicating status and risks in a direct and open manner; managing project scope and risk; planning and tracking of projects