Technology-GSS Technology-Analyst Developer for GSS P&L Analytics team in Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesRESPONSIBILITIES
The role is for a software developer who will contribute to the ongoing development and enhancement of our P&L analytic and reporting tools. Working closely with the existing global technology team and stakeholders.
The role involves full involvement in the software development lifecycle with a focus on quick time to market development on GS class leading pricing/risk and development infrastructure: SecDB.
• Hands on development of projects across full software development lifecycle – these projects will be anything from system hygiene/small enhancements to new ways of looking at P&L, expecting for technical excellent and innovative solutions in all
• Primarily focus on building the infrastructure to help our strat colleagues build the appropriate models
• Development mainly using SecDB and ETL based architecture and analytical database. Also, having willingness to learn and work with other technology stacks including our own proprietary technology environments as needed
• Providing level 2/3 support as needed – hands on incident management and fixing of software
This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone with relevant technical skills to learn the business and work directly on applications that affect the business bottom line.
The candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Gain a detailed understanding of GSS business and understanding of client profitability
• Build expertise in the development of distributed, service-orientated and event-driven applications in a heterogeneous environment.
• Grow professional and technical skills – with the potential to manage project teams in the future, or develop on technical career.
Basic Qualifications• 2+ years of hands on development in a functional or OO language – e.g. Java, C++, Erlang.
• Willingness to cross train to GS own development environment – SecDB. This will be the primary development tool.
• Understanding of OO oriented techniques – strong software engineering approach
• Relational database experience – e.g. Sybase ASE or IQ, IBM UDB.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Likes to understand and work quickly – from understanding a request or problem to figuring out an appropriate solution.
• Self-starter and Strong team player (required to work extensively with other teams both locally and globally)
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
Preferred Qualifications• Dimensional modelled database (Sybase IQ)
• Experience of financial markets in general and prime brokerage, futures execution and clearing in particular will be an advantage but not essential.
• Data warehousing/ETL frameworks
• Data analytics and Business Intelligence
• Experience of working in a front-office/risk environment