Finance, GS Bank, Finance Team (New York) - Analyst/Associate
- Job id
- New York
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe GS Bank Finance team is seeking an individual to support the bank’s finance functions. The successful candidate will work closely with GS Bank’s CFO, Treasury department and other members of Bank and Firm senior management. They will be responsible for reporting and analyzing key performance metrics and individual businesses within the Bank.
The Finance team also works closely with various other departments to execute and monitor Bank strategy and respond to the changing regulatory environment. The role involves frequent interaction with senior bank leadership, product controllers, legal entity controllers, and support areas such as Treasury and Federation Divisions.
• P&L reconciliation and reporting of GS Bank revenues, including:
o Detailed interaction with product controllers to understand P&L sources and resolve issues,
o Resolution of differences between actual and estimated revenues
o Analysis of market factors and their influence on Bank P&L.
o Reporting of results to senior management
o Frequent interaction with support areas such as Treasury and other supporting divisions.
• Frequent additional ad-hoc Management Reporting
• Involvement in longer term strategic projects to advance agreed upon management initiatives
• Preparation of the Bank’s Annual Budget
• Involvement in regulatory required Capital and Resolution Planning processes
• Analysis of potential implications of regulatory proposals
Basic Qualifications• Minimum of 2 years experience
• Degree in Accounting or Finance (or related background)
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from varied departments and levels of seniority
• Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
• Self-starter who is able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Strong PC skills, especially Excel
• Commercial and creative approach to solutions
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2014. All rights reserved.