Operations - Clearing Operations - Prime Brockerage Trade Management - VP - Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesWHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs has long sustained a commitment to hiring and training outstanding leaders. Our business principles are rooted in integrity, a commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. These values enable us to execute successfully a business strategy that is focused on extraordinary client service and superior long-term financial performance for our shareholders.
We conduct our business in increasingly complex markets. Our people must continually find new ways to provide access to capital, manage risk and provide investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realise their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us.
The Prime Brokerage Trade Management Team is part of the Clearing Operations organization. The primary responsibility of this group is to work with internal and external stakeholders to mitigate the risk associated with unmatched trades. The risk management process begins on trade date and extends through the lifecyle of the trade from trade entry, through settlement including associated post settlement events that may occur. Internal stakeholders include settlements, stock loan and asset servicing operations in addition to the prime brokerage business unit and technology teams. External stakeholders include clients and executing brokers.
Effective risk management requires extensive knowledge of the applicable rules and penalties associated in each region and market. In addition, a deep knowledge of system flows, and client and broker behavior will be essential to performing root cause analysis preventing future occurrences of exceptions.. The role will also require strategic involvement and leadership in global regulatory reform such as Dodd Frank and EMIR, new product initiatives and overall process improvement to streamline our support model.
The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is motivated, ambitious and excited about contributing to our business and client franchise through driving change within a demanding and complex environment.
Specifically the responsibilities of the role will involve:
• Drive strategy for a team of ~35 people globally alongside flawless execution and coverage of the control environment
• Take responsibility for delivering best in class client experience, using innovative approaches to identify and raise trends in client behavior to Client Clearing Services teams
• Work to create / improve metrics that record workload drivers and build process to efficiently maintain changes to these.
• Contributing to the development of the methods to improve processes, reduce risks, increase controls, and / or increase customer satisfaction.
• Liaison and ad hoc analysis for Client Clearing Services, senior leadership and external Hedge Fund clients
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor's degree required
• At least 5 years of work experience in Operations or related field
Preferred Qualifications• Demonstrates and develops ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve most common problems that arise.
• Proactively seeks and undertakes appropriate training to further enhance client / market / industry knowledge.
• Excellent process manager and good at time management - BAU, mandatory projects, discretionary projects
• Effective at managing stakeholders in a global matrix organization (Sec Div, Ops mgmt, Technology)
• Demonstrates the ability to re-engineer manual processes with an eye on automation
• Excellent risk management skills (financial, reputational, client service)
• Assertive personality that is able to grasp detailed concepts quickly and operate consensually / within a team environment
• Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines and under high pressure situations
• Ability and willingness to work independently and be self-initiating
• Enjoys working in a very fast paced and dynamic environment
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.