Services, CSRE, Real Estate Accounting, Associate/Vice President
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Corporate Services and Real Estate
Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) acquires, develops and manages the firm’s global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative and commercially managed market development, document management and hospitality related services.
CSRE’s areas of responsibility are Real Estate, Business Services, Finance and Administration & Communications.
Business Services delivers high-quality, commercially managed services to internal partners throughout the firm.
Real Estate plans, builds and operates the firm's facilities worldwide, and is critical to ensuring that our core businesses operate efficiently 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Finance, comprised of regionally based teams and a central hub in Bangalore, India, provides financial analysis, decision support, procurement, contract administration and reporting for all initiatives within the Services Division and for business partners across the firm.
Administration and Communications oversee organizational development and internal and client communications.
The Real Estate Accountant, a member of the Global Capital Management function, will be responsible for managing the finances related to a large, multi-year project to ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget. The position provides technical and decision support for a wide range of stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle from budgeting to financial close-out. The Real Estate Accountant will be fully dedicated to this single project that will last many years.
The Real Estate Accountant will locally report to the Asia Pacific CSRE CFO, and will report to the Global Head of Capital Management on the Bangalore Development Project. This function will work closely with Capital Projects, Real Estate Planning, Project Controls, Procurement, Facilities Management and Regional Management. Key stakeholders are based in Jersey City, USA; London, UK; and Bangalore, India.
The successful candidate should be prepared to assume more responsibility with time. Demonstrating leadership skills will be rewarded with challenging tasks.
• Partner with Real Estate Planning, Project Management, Procurement and Project Controls to deliver the capital project on time and on budget
• Provide proactive financial advice and analysis to Corporate Real Estate teams across the project
• Look for cost savings opportunities across all aspects of the project and hold stakeholders accountable to remain within budget and schedule
• Represent project view to the global Real Estate Finance team and implement global policy and initiatives within the project
• Assist in the preparation of monthly cost and commentary reports, support contract management with vendors.
• Work with centralized Projects Accounting team in Bangalore, India for day to day accounting and invoice management
• Liaise with Corporate Accounting teams and provide required information for financial reporting.
• Liaise with Tax, Legal and other regulatory teams on issues related to Software Technology Parks of India and other Indian tax related matters.
Preferred QualificationsExperience / Skills
• Qualified Finance professional (CA / ICWA / MBA) / Real Estate professional with a Commercial Finance background. Candidate should possess a minimum of 10 years of experience.
• Previous experience in construction industry is essential. Relevant exposure in India or abroad in a similar role in a large scale construction development project may be preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to summarize and present information (written and spoken) at a management level
• Strong networking skills to establish contacts within Real Estate and partnerships with other divisions
• Ability to organize own time and work independently, without close supervision
• Sound management judgment and potential to lead teams
• Courage to challenge current practice and initiative to suggest new ways of working
• Ability to work in a team based environment and to interface with all levels of employees
• Flexibility to adapt in a dynamic and changing organization
• Proven skills with MS office products (particularly Excel) and a desire to learn new systems
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2014. All rights reserved.