Services - CSRE - Data Infrastructure - Analyst
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Corporate Services and Real Estate
Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) acquires, develops and manages the firm’s global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative and commercially managed market development, document management and hospitality related services.
CSRE’s areas of responsibility are Real Estate, Business Services, Finance and Administration & Communications.
Business Services delivers high-quality, commercially managed services to internal partners throughout the firm.
Real Estate plans, builds and operates the firm's facilities worldwide, and is critical to ensuring that our core businesses operate efficiently 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Finance, comprised of regionally based teams and a central hub in Bangalore, India, provides financial analysis, decision support, procurement, contract administration and reporting for all initiatives within the Services Division and for business partners across the firm.
Administration and Communications oversee organizational development and internal and client communications.
Position Summary :
The Data Infrastructure role will be responsible for facilitating data warehouse management within Corporate Services and Real Estate Division. The position is responsible for enhancing data management capabilities by supporting data warehouses as they are deployed across the CSRE division. The role focuses on ensuring that the operational and financial data is of high quality, accurate and complete and is made available to key stakeholders on a timely basis. The person will work extensively on data validation and reconciliation to identify and manage data exceptions. The team member will have opportunities to engage on automation projects and implementation of data models to streamline business processes. The role will be based in Bangalore and work closely with the data strategy group within CSRE division. This role would be part of the ‘2014 Analyst Class’ at the Corporate Services Division and would have the opportunity to undergo training and build a successful career at Goldman Sachs.
Basic QualificationsEssential Skills:
• Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in engineering, information systems, finance, statistics or equivalent
• 2013 / 2014 engineering graduate from a reputed institute, with experience in handling operational and financial data in functional roles.
• Hands on experience in data modelling and data validations to support consumers of data.
• Strong database management skills – MS Access, MS Excel, Tableau, OBI or equivalent.
• Understanding of financial and operational tools and applications such as PeopleSoft, Essbase, including GS in-house tools such as GS Space, TEEMS etc.
• Knowledge of VBA tools, SQL would be an added advantage.
• Ability to review and analyse large data sets and gain familiarity with the systems and data relationships in each of the data sources.
• Passion and interest to understand data flows and support the consumers of data.
• Inquisitive, enthusiastic self-starter with a strong analytical mind-set
• Ability to work independently across regional and global stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
• Good multi-tasking skills and focus on meeting deadlines
• Ability to work in a team-based environment, and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization.
Preferred QualificationsPrincipal Responsibilities
• Focus on ensuring accuracy, completeness and timely delivery of data into and out of CSRE data warehouses.
• Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders (vendor partners) to ensure consistent data flow and influence changes for better consumption.
• Plan and coordinate across CSRE teams, vendors and tech. support groups to obtain data feeds.
• Develop a thorough understanding of business and associated data sets in various CSRE functions (GT, Real Estate, GCSS, and Travel etc.).
• Drive data validations and reconciliations to ensure right quality of data is accepted and maintained.
• Define and Implement data access requirements across various CSRE functions.
• Manage Inventory of user licenses for associated data tools such as Tableau etc.
• Partner with technology team to support enhancements, manage data feeds and explore opportunities to improve data architecture and data relationships.
• Create and develop documentation for knowledge management and support training of new resources.
• Act as a primary point of contact for consumers of data within the CSRE division.