IMD, GSAM, Fixed Income Product Management, Analyst
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesGoldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
GSAM Fixed Income
GSAM is a global leader among Fixed Income managers and have been managing Fixed Income assets for more than 20 years. Our investment philosophy and process are built around one core concept: empower experts in each sector of the market to deliver value. Our model is formulated on the belief that sector specialist teams have a vested interest in success. Each team operates independently, identifying the best trade ideas and implementing them directly into client portfolios. Portfolios are driven by diverse sources of alpha, including both top down and bottom up analysis. Risk management is integral to our process.
The Global Fixed Income Product Management Team is focused on the strategic development, growth and positioning of our Fixed Income product offerings. The Product Management function is integrated with the Portfolio Management team and is focused on enabling distribution channels to win and retain Fixed Income clients through regular communications, strategy updates, and marketing initiatives. The Product Management team works closely with Portfolio Management to communicate product offerings, portfolio positioning, and current market environment to each distribution channel.
• Develop Product Knowledge – gain understanding of Fixed Income investment products including: Money Markets, Municipals, High Yield, Emerging Market Debt, Commodities, Currency, and Hedge Funds
• Portfolio Analysis – current positioning, performance attribution, market trends, and investment themes
• Client Reporting – take responsibility for the quality and timely delivery of client portfolio reviews and reports; communicate investment strategy and portfolio positioning on a regular basis to internal and external clients
• Business Development – participate in the construction and maintenance of marketing materials; assist with ad hoc sales & marketing inquiries, completion of Requests For Proposals and internal training of sales force
• Project Management – work on various team-related projects (e.g., product development, campaign initiatives, IT systems)
Basic Qualifications• Bachelors or Master’s degree of Finance, Economics, Business or Commerce.
• Minimum 1.5 years of experience in financial services industry, preferably in an analytical function
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use.
Preferred Qualifications• Strong analytical skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
• Team player
• Enthusiasm for Fixed Income
• CFA/CA is a plus