Operations - Investment Banking Expense Management - VP - Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesOperations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
The Expense Management Group is responsible for the management of Expense balances for the IBD Bankers. We create both Fee and Expense invoices on behalf of the Bankers to send to the client and monitor the expense balances to ensure optimum expense recoverability. Responsibilities are varied and require regular interaction with different areas outside of the Expense Management Group.
• Provide process, procedures and framework for production support of Syndicate balances
• Build and manage relationships with key contacts and senior managers across Firmwide Groups, IBD, Operations Risk teams, and Technology
• Provide management reporting around different metrics to ensure a strong understanding of the business progression
• Provide innovative solutions to meet the ever changing risk management environment; define a vision for execution of a risk-management strategy
• Ensure strong career growth and mentoring for team members through both formal and informal feedback
• Develop, motivate and organize staff to encourage accountability and achievement within the team.
• Ensure that the team adheres to all policies, procedures and controls through consistent review of checklists and control reporting around risk management framework
• Identify opportunities to standardize and improve procedures and processes across the global framework
• Identify areas of potential risk and implement best practice and appropriate process and procedures to mitigate
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.
The Ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Effective team-player with ability to impact and influence across organization and levels
• Strong people skills to help manage and grow a team
• Articulate concepts & ideas into technical requirements
• Solid understanding of basic accounting a plus.
• Knowledge of Para a plus or any other accounting systems a plus