Compliance - Private Wealth Management (PWM) - Associate- Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesDivision
Business Unit Job Name
Compliance Compliance Compliance Analyst
Location Job Name Job Level
Bangalore, India Compliance Analyst Analyst
The Global Compliance Division
Compliance is responsible for developing policies and procedures, surveillance, training, providing advice on anticipated and existing regulations and monitoring employee, client and firm activities. Compliance enables the firm to conduct business with confidence in extremely complex global markets.
Roles within Compliance
• Operations, Technology, Finance and Services (OTF&S) Compliance
OTF&S Compliance is focused on managing Compliance risks in the Operations, Technology, Finance, Services & HCM functions. The team works closely with the federation divisions to provide day-to-day advisory service on firm's policies and regulations that apply to these functions in the firm’s Bangalore office. Some of the principal responsibilities of the team includes: deploying an ongoing Compliance training and coverage program for the office, review regulatory changes and ensure the business is able to support them, develop appropriate policies & procedures, and participate in global project initiatives for OTF&S Compliance.
• Regulatory Audits and Inquiries Compliance
Part of the Compliance Division, the firm’s Regulatory Audits & Inquiries Group is a dynamic, global team charged with interfacing with regulators on regulatory exams, audits and inquiries in jurisdictions worldwide. Led by a Global Head from the firm’s Salt Lake City office, the team has members in Salt Lake City, Jersey City, New York, London, Tokyo, Bangalore and Hong Kong.
• Private Wealth Management (PWM) Compliance
PWM Compliance takes an active role in assisting PWM Management to supervise the PWM business and provides on-going advice on various topics. The role will provide general compliance advice and support for the PWM business and covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities, including the core compliance activities of surveillance, review of marketing materials and training, as well as advisory and project work. You will also have good exposure to the regulatory environment and business activities of other regions.
• Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Compliance
GSAM Compliance is a global team that supports the Goldman Sachs Asset management business by interpreting regulatory requirements, contacting for surveillance of activities, creating polices and procedures and training business professionals. GSAM Compliance works closely with dedicated personnel from the GSAM business, the legal department, technology and operations across the globe.
The principal responsibilities include: conducting reviews of marketing materials, perform surveillance, review sample of trades for the desks to ensure adherence to procedures and fair allocation across accounts, organize and update GSAM training sessions and perform due diligence on managers
• Compliance Risk Control Group (Securities Division Compliance)
Compliance Risk Control Group (CRCG) as part of the Securities Division Compliance team provides coverage and support to the Equities Sales and Trading business for Asian countries. The primary responsibility of the CRCG team is to monitor and perform surveillances, enhance surveillance control, perform oversight and regular review of polices and procedures for various Asian countries.
• Market Surveillance Compliance
The Market Surveillance Group sits within the Compliance Surveillance Strategy Group, a centralized surveillance function within the Global Compliance Department. Market Surveillance focuses on firmwide information barrier surveillances and enforcement of firmwide trading policies.
• Global Compliance Employee Services (GCES)
Global Compliance Employee Services (GCES) is responsible for overseeing employee-related compliance matters such as licensing and registrations, the review and approval of employees’ outside brokerage accounts, private investments, outside interests, and political contributions. The group also supports the preclearance process for employees’ personal trading activities and the disclosure and filing process for the firm’s and its employees’ potentially reportable litigation and regulatory disclosures.
The Goldman Sachs Bangalore Office
Bangalore is an integral part of the Goldman Sachs global footprint that works seamlessly as a full and equal partner with Federation and Revenue areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Increased depths in capabilities and functional expertise have resulted in the creation of centers of excellence that drive many critical businesses around the globe.
The Compliance Division has established a dynamic team of professionals in Bangalore. The Bangalore team plays a central role in the division’s global strategy to provide solutions to the firm’s traditional business and growth market strategy. We work alongside functional counterparts in many global offices to implement the firm’s regulatory and reputational risk management program.
• Grasp business, compliance and regulatory rules and policies
• Perform and prepare reports relating to surveillances including but not limited to holdings, positions, personal account trading, restricted trading
• Take ownership and provide feedback on reports, creating checklists and resolving exceptions
• Provide guidance to internal clients on appropriate interpretation and application of policies/procedures
• Escalate situations, as appropriate, to relevant divisional compliance officers and business unit managers
• Assist regional compliance in ongoing projects, responding to changes in the firm’s businesses and changes in regulation
• Execute and manage global ad-hoc projects based on compliance or business requirements that helps in enhancing the compliance of the firm
• Taking ownership of processes and controls within the team, driving the development of methods to improve processes and / or controls to ensure that these are efficient, effective and relevant
• Seeking and implementing automated solutions (for manual processes and anticipated future requirements), which will involve providing direction and requirements to Technology as well as acting in partnership with Technology
• Leverage strong communication and relationship-building skills in frequent interaction with other areas of the firm and professionals across the globe
• Identify and effectively escalate potential issues to the appropriate person/s
• Communicate findings to compliance colleagues and suggest potential corrective actions to address issues
• Complying with internal controls, policies and procedures and regularly reviewing and updating procedures and training documentation
Preferred QualificationsExperience / Skills / Systems Requirements
• Strong communications skills; oral, written and interpretive – must be able to comprehend what is said/written and ask probing questions
• Attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
• Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
• Possess a general understanding of the current regulatory environment and financial markets and/or securities regulation and rules
• Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
• Proactive, self motivated and organized
• Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast paced-environment
• Good judgment – know when and how to escalate issues
• Inquisitive and investigative skills
• Basic understanding of the fundamentals of the financial industry
• Experience in financial, legal, accounting or regulatory areas is preferred
• Computer skills:
o Microsoft Office Applications
o Visual Basic for Applications programming is a desired but not required skill set
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, ‘Goldman Sachs University’ offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
Goldman Sachs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, colour, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law.