Human Capital Management - Rewards - Firmwide Compensation - Associate - Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Divisional Overview: The Compensation team in HCM is responsible for Firmwide compensation policies and practices related to, but not limited to, year-end compensation process, new hire compensation, competitor benchmarking, and reporting for senior stakeholders. The team also completes compensation related technology and reporting projects. This position is based in Bangalore.
Role overview: This individual will work in the Bangalore Reward team. This team is responsible for the coordination of India Firmwide benefits and compensation including, but not limited to, the year-end compensation process, new hire compensation, competitor benchmarking and analyst/associate compensation. This role provides direct client support for division HCM generalists. In addition, the team is responsible for managing India benefits for Bangalore and Mumbai including the Provident Fund and Gratuity plans, Hospitalization Insurance, Car Lease program and other benefits, benchmarking offerings to ensure global consistency and alignment with local market practices and making certain the firm is in compliance with all India and local benefits regulations.
Develop global and local relationships required to perform in the India Firmwide Compensation role
• Understand and analyze benefits and compensation trends in the market and divisions (through dialogue with divisional HCM, business leaders and comp consultants, data analysis, business plans, market trends etc.)
• Gain consensus and agree next steps with clients and stakeholders who may have conflicting needs
• Maintain extremely high standards on the execution of all functional tasks
Preferred QualificationsTo be successful in performing and developing this role, the candidate will need to demonstrate strength and experience in the following areas:
• Minimum 4 years of compensation and benefits related experience, with knowledge of India
compensation market preferred
• Acute sense of discretion and confidentiality
• Analytical skills - an ability to review current processes and/or data, and to draw and communicate conclusions
• Technical Skills - proficiency in Excel and a working knowledge of Business Objects
• Client service focus, notably responsiveness and a "can-do" attitude that helps develop creative and "outside of the box" approaches to solving/identifying issues
• Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines as well as ability to drive processes and decision-making
• Strong communication and relationship management skills
• Project management skills – a strong results orientation and maintaining progress with multiple stakeholders
• Good judgment - an ability to say "no" and a willingness to be flexible in order to balance the needs
of the client whilst maintaining Firmwide consistency
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2014. All rights reserved.