Securities- Equities- Equity Strats Group- Associate- Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesGoldman Sachs’ Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm’s trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
Roles within Securities Strats: Securities Strats play important roles in several areas:
• Creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behaviour.
• Researching and developing indices using systematic trading strategies to help clients access specific market factors and exposures customized for their needs.
• Developing automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading
• Working directly with the firm’s sales force and clients, analyzing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs.
Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms specific needs.
The Equity Index Strats team is looking for an Analyst / Associate. This person will hold a key front-office role responsible for developing and maintaining systematic strategies and indices for investors in the equity space. In particular, the role will cover the full spectrum of index development and support, including implementation in the front-office modelling system, maintenance of market data, implementation and maintenance of the index test & publication system.
Basic Qualifications• Strong problem solving and programming skills, as well as an interest in finance
• Strong communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong academic background in a quantitative field
• 1-3 years’ experience in relevant position