Internal Audit - Securities Technology - VP - Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Internal Audit independently assesses the firm’s internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm’s operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management’s control measures. IA assists the firm’s Board of Directors’ Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors.
Internal Audit is organized into global teams of business and technology auditors:
• Capital Markets - covers the firm’s Securities, Investment Banking and Global Investment Research businesses; and related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Compliance.
• Investment Management - covers the firm’s Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
• Corporate - covers the firm’s Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas.
• Enterprise - covers Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office.
• For each assigned review you will functionally report to an experienced project manager/head for internal audit. You will be expected to:
o Assist the risk assessment, scoping and planning of a review.
o Assist in executing the review. Specifically focusing on the following:
Analyze the design of controls around the underlying system architecture in the context of information technology controls and its impact on the business.
Analyze the business and technology processes to evaluate the design and effectiveness of the relevant technology controls by designing and executing tests to validate identified system control features, which may require data analysis, code inspection and re-performance of system processes.
• Document the results of the test steps executed within the IA automated document project repository as per the departmental guidelines.
• Assist in vetting audit observations
• Assist in tracking, monitoring and recording remediation of risks identified in reviews.
Basic Qualifications• Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in application technology audits, application development, SQA, information security, technology consulting or other relevant industry experience.
• Experience of using, auditing or having understanding of a combination of the following technologies:
o Programming languages like C, C++, C#, Java, Perl etc
o Databases (Sybase, Oracle etc)
o System Architecture (Distributed/Messaging/Mainframe)
o Operating Systems (Linux etc)
Preferred Qualifications • Experience in data analysis using SQL, ACL, or similar tools.
• BE/B Tech/MCA/MBA in Systems/MSc or equivalent University degrees in technology.
• Prefer some experience in the audit of Trading floor applications and or Securities Operations applications in large broker dealers including areas such as Clearing, Settlement, Derivatives, Collateral, Confirmations and others.
• Strong inter-personal , written and verbal communication skills as the job requires frequent interaction with technology and business management.
• Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging technologies, business and market trends
• Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
• Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
• Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
• Teamwork – Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
• Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
• Judgment and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
• Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
• Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2014. All rights reserved.