Technology, Technology Infrastructure, Staff Depts, Incident Manager, Production Control, Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe position is for an experienced Incident Manager to join the Technology Infrastructure department in the Production Control team within Global Services. The individual will be responsible for managing technology incidents, managing / coordinating recurring incident and problem management activities and enforcing and executing defined incident policies
This is a position working within a global team demanding active involvement in change, incident, and problem management.
• Act as a key liaison collaborating on technology incidents, determining business impact, assessing risk and driving of incidents towards resolution and driving impact analysis with other units in Goldman Sachs. This includes assisting in writing, reviewing, and enhancing incident RCA documentation, help resolve deviations from policy and communicating progress through regularly released reports relating to incident and problem management
• Manage incident controls and track incidents in the Technology Data Centres/ Production environment..
• Work with the Incident and Problem Management Function including running incident review meetings. Ensure incident and problem management actions are carried through with other incident management groups. Lead root cause analysis efforts as needed and lead efforts in providing consistent incident and problem management standards.
• Work with the Line Managers of all functions within Technology to ensure the necessary and incident standards are defined and implemented. Ensure the standards and processes are globally consistent and reflect Americas, European, and Asia requirements.
Basic Qualifications1. BE / BTec, BSc / MSc in Computer Science, Electrical / Electronics, or related preferred but not essential.
2. Certification/Licensure: ITIL or equivalent ITSM qualification preferred but not essential.
3. Six Sigma / CMMI experience preferred but not essential.
4. A good understanding of enterprise applications and IT Infrastructure & Operations is essential.
Preferred QualificationsSKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
• Proven experience in responding to and managing critical technology incidents including – Incident and risk assessment, communications, co-ordinations across global and regional, cross-function groups, incident resolution and business prioritization
• Ability to communicate status and risks in a direct and open manner and enforce standards, process and control
• Experience in acting as a liaison in global efforts and multiple organizations
• Proactively involves key users in all stages of the project life cycle
• Anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them
• Manages expectations, building agreement for milestones, timelines and measures of success
• Ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously in high pressure
• Experience in understanding the Change Management process and potential impacts/relevance to Incident Management
• Ability to define, collect and analyse defined incident data sets and produce clear presentations showing trends
• Ability to work independently, analyze problems and make decisions with relevant management intervention
• Takes a broad organizational view when solving problems.
• Understands how decisions are made, and influences decisions by effectively communicating the meaning, impact, and parameters of technology opportunities and risks.
• Ability to manage and interact in a matrixes organization, ability to develop and maintain good working relationships
• Be a strong agent for change. Be able to facilitate new processes and standards that could impact working environment / culture
• The ability to work within an open, consensus based organization
• Work effectively both independently and as part of a team, self motivated and deadline driven
• Strong customer service orientation
• Individual must be goal oriented, and be able to work with others to achieve goals
• Individual must be able to handle multiple interrupts and be able to multitask effectively
• Individual must be able to deal with a highly demanding client base and set client expectations appropriately
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2014. All rights reserved