Finance, MRMA Model Risk Governance, Analyst
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesGoldman Sachs Overview
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Market Risk Management & Analysis (“MRMA”) department measures, monitors and analyzes the market risk of the firm globally. We play a key role in the risk/reward decision making process of the Firmwide Risk Committee and measure the losses that the firm would experience under a variety of normal and extreme market conditions, across asset classes and for all our trading desks globally. The MRMA Derivatives Analysis team validates high risk models and also assesses and quantifies model risk.
We are seeking a new Analyst to join the Model Risk Control Governance team.
The Model Risk Control Governance team, part of Derivatives Analysis, is responsible for supporting the operations of the Model Risk Control Committee (“MRCC”). The team coordinates the inventorying of models/model categories used throughout the firm by liaising with model users, and assists the MRCC in establishing appropriate model risk assessments. In addition, the team monitors compliance, by model users or developers, with certain standards regarding use of models or changes to models.
We are looking for full-time new Analyst to join our Bangalore team to help with our work flow efficiency and ad hoc improvements projects.
• Assist in identifying opportunities for increasing automation to our existing workflow.
• Develop computer scripts to automate processes and procedures currently performed manually.
• Participate in generating data or information in response to various ad-hoc internal and external requests from a variety of areas.
• Coordinate with Technology support to prioritize any support work performed on behalf of the DA team.
• Prepare periodic reports related to model usage required for MRCC review and discussion
• Develop an understanding of our model validation process and support the Quant team with various procedural tasks; support tracking of issues arising from periodic meetings of Quant team to review
Basic Qualifications• Bachelors Degree (background in quantitative discipline is an added advantage)
• Some work experience in a financial services firm. Experience with Operational or Technology functions are an added advantage
Preferred Qualifications• Critical/objective thinker, able to think through processes and engineer workflows
• Very good computer programing skills (C++, Java)
• Very strong communication skills, with above average presentation skills (using Excel, Word PowerPoint)
• Work effectively in a team setting and able to work well under pressure
• Proactive and able to work independently by taking ownership and initiative on projects/tasks