Global Investment Research - Data Management - Quantum & Verification - Analyst - Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesQuantum & Verification (Q&V) analysts are part of the Data Management & Analytics team. Q&V analysts are responsible for verifying, monitoring, and analyzing company financial and operational data in GIR’s proprietary database, Quantum. Q&V analysts will also be involved in future enhancements to the Quantum database as well as other strategic initiatives of the GIR division. This role is essential to the division’s data quality effort and will serve in a global capacity working closely with analyst teams and global research management.
• Work closely with analyst teams globally to:
o Review and improve data quality of all analyst team financial models
o Manage Quantum database related queries
o Perform regular quality reviews of the Quantum database and work with stakeholders to build upon/enhance existing quality standards
• Collaborate with regional Tactical Research and SUSTAIN teams to improve data collection
• Manage and execute data feed requests from Sales/external clients while ensuring appropriate data quality controls are met
• Work closely with RPG management and key stakeholders to improve upon existing workflows and to define reporting metrics that measure data quality improvements across the division
• Respond to client requests for analyst models
Basic Qualifications• Strong accounting knowledge, with an understanding of financial statements, such as the relationship between the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows, etc.
• Knowledge/familiarity with basic valuation concepts like DCF, EV/EBITDA, and P/E with a demonstrated ability to use these concepts for analytical work
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Qualifications• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use. Macro and VBA coding knowledge is an added advantage
• Basic knowledge of Bloomberg, ThomsonOne, Company Financial Reports (e.g. 10-K, 10-Q, etc.) is preferred
• Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot complex issues and data sets
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2014. All rights reserved.