IMD, GSAM, Global Fund Reporting Solutions, Analyst/Associate
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesDivisional Overview
Investment Management Division (IMD) provides investment management services and offers investment products across all major asset classes to a diverse set of institutional and individual clients. IMD also offers wealth advisory services, including portfolio management and financial counseling, and brokerage and other transaction services to high-net-worth individuals and families
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Global Fund Reporting Solutions
The Global Fund Reporting Solutions Team manages literature updates and performance reporting for all mutual funds.
The role will cover functions necessary in production and reporting that span the Global Fund Reporting Solutions group (“GFRS”) as well as other teams we partner with i.e., IMD Communications (Marketing),Third Party Distribution Sales, Portfolio Management, Investment Management Department Strats, GSAM Distribution Tech, Global Consultants, Product Strategy, GSAM Legal and Compliance and, Outside Council.
The role will also involve working with the Global Fund Reporting Solutions group to produce accurate and timely materials that support the Asset Management business, with a focus on providing materials for the Sales and Marketing businesses within Global Distribution.
• Maintenance and updating of generic automated marketing materials
• Divisional/group web-site uploading. Responsibility for publishing appropriate content to various intranets and internet sites and regular updating of site content
• Ensuring accuracy and timely delivery of all regular template driven marketing materials on a monthly and quarterly basis
• Supporting ad-hoc internal marketing
• Working closely with Legal, Compliance and Outside counsel on jurisdiction disclosures and data/formatting issues for Marketing Materials
• Ensuring newly launched funds are added to internal databases and external data providers are notified, as well as, deletion of Fund/Accounts that have liquidated or closed
• Quality ad-hoc checking of GSAM data for external data providers (Lipper, Morningstar, Bloomberg, etc.)
• Assist with the implementation of new standards when necessary
• Participate in Global Fund Reporting Solutions, Fund Data and Web/IT initiatives
• Innovate improvements in department procedures to increase efficiency and quality
• Distribution of monthly reports to internal clients
• Should be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule to meet project demands and possess a high degree of service orientation with an ability and willingness to work effectively in a team environment.
Basic Qualifications• Bachelors or Master’s degree of Finance, Commerce or Computer Science background
• Minimum 1-2 yrs of experience in financial services industry, preferably in an analytical function
• Knowledge of Mutual Funds is critical for this role.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use
• Deep understanding of MFU/CAMRA systems and Data Active/DCI/COGNOS rendering programs
Preferred Qualifications• Knowledge of Mutual Funds
• Adaptability to new workflow/processes
• Interest in the Asset Management business, and sales/marketing process.
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
• Team player