Securities Division - Equities Liquidity Strats- Analyst- Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesDivisional Overview
Goldman Sachs’ Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological solutions to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm’s trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
Roles within Securities Strats
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behavior. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm’s sales force and clients, analyzing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
Liquidity Strats are responsible for smart order routing and internalization for listed options and equities. They are responsible for requirements gathering, research, design, implementation, testing and support of high performance, highly available trading systems and strategies for the firm’s trading businesses. The functional domain spans order management, execution algorithms, smart order routing, crossing and exchange connectivity systems. The team interfaces on a regular basis with sales, trading, technology, and other strats teams.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
• Design, build and maintain complex, scalable, low latency and high capacity distributed software systems in Java/C++ for real time order state management, trading and risk management, smart order routing and internalization functions.
• Conduct statistical data analysis to identify trading performance improvements. Here having knowledge of basic statistical analysis is a plus.
• Understand North American market rules, regulations, exchange service offerings and enhance the trading systems to incorporate any changes to these rules.
• Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle coupled with heavy interaction with traders, clients and compliance officers globally. The environment is dynamic and collaborative so strong communication skills are a must.
Basic Qualifications• Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering would be ideal. We are also open to those with relevant technical experience in sectors like telecom.
• 2 to 4 years industry experience, working on high-performance, high-availability, distributed systems
• Broad knowledge of Java/C++ and programming concepts (primarily on Linux)
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
• Experience in load testing and performance optimizations
• Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team
Preferred Qualifications• Financial knowledge
• Basic statistical analysis and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of US equity and options market microstructure
• Experience in basic project management