Technology, Enterprise Platforms, SecDb Platform, Java/Scala Developer, Bangalore
- Job id
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesThe SecDb Platform team is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of core applications and APIs that are shared across all of the businesses in the firm. Functional areas of responsibility include:
- Trade Model
- SecDb Database
- Java SecDb Integration/G2
- Dynamic Relational Algebra
The team also provides consultation, support and training for these offerings, often working with other IT and business teams throughout the firm.
This role is for a developer to work on projects related to the team’s functional responsibilities. The developer on the team, you will be responsible for contributing to the design, coding and testing of strategic changes to the trade management and processing environment. Key to the team’s strategy is its ability to build common APIs and systems that are flexible enough to function seamlessly across different asset classes and businesses. As a member of the team, (s)he will be challenged to work with the developers and managers on the strat/technology team for each business, and to incorporate their disparate needs into the common solutions you build.
The role also includes second-line technical support.
In the first 6 months you will be expected to have delivered at least two projects which make an improvement in the trade management and processing environment.
The main technologies employed in this role are SecDb/Slang, Java, Scala, C++.
Basic Qualifications- 1+ year experience.
- Solid knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Quick at adapting to new businesses and technologies.
- Works effectively in a team-based organisation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-driven.
- Exceptional analytical skills and a strong desire to learn.
- Financial experience is not a requirement but you should be interested and motivated to learn about the products and flows.