Technology - GSAM Technology - DAS Digital Experience Developer - Associate - New York
- Job id
- New York
- Full/Part Time
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesGoldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world's leading asset management institutions. GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions on a global, multi-product platform. Our products include Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Quantitative Strategies, Fixed Income, Fundamental Equity and a Global Portfolio Solutions Business. GSAM Technology is directly aligned to the business. Software is engineered in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, adapting to market and customer needs to deliver robust solutions in an ever-changing business environment. GSAM Technology builds on top of cutting edge in-house platforms complimented with a strong focus on leveraging open source solutions.
Digital innovations to shape client experience and enable our Institutional and Third-Party Distribution (TPD) salesforce with the tools required to best serve our clients. Improve the client service experience through straight-through-processing automation and commitment tracking and execution.
Digital Advise Solutions (DAS) business cover mass affluent market by building an Automated Digital Advice Platform (Robo Advisor).
DAS leverages a global technology platform offering, an integrated suite of tools, and applications to service clients. This platform helps realize a client's goals and objectives, develops and implements an integrated wealth management plan and delivers first-class client service.
DAS Digital team of engineers develops integrated, web & mobile based solutions with detailed information on their financial portfolio & analytics, social collaboration platform and access to GS services and insights.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems and have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
This role offers the opportunity to work on a small, nimble team of developers supporting the firm's mulitple award-winning public website, GoldmanSachs.com. Candidates will work directly a variety of stakeholders, including leading visual design and advertising agencies, the firm's Brand and Content Strategy team in the Executive Office, and internal clients around the firm on evolving and executing on the firm's digital strategy.
Basic Qualifications- Strong knowledge of front-end Web development, with specific experience executing sophisticated visual designs and interactions.
- Expert-level skills in HTML and CSS (preferably using SASS, LESS, or PostCSS).
- Impeccable attention to detail, with a particular eye towards executing new functionality against an existing set of technical standards and within a design's visual grammar.
- Experience working with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications- Experience collaborating with UX professionals and visual designers. The ideal candidate will be flexible enough to execute new experiences based on ad hoc requests, wireframes, completed visual design comps, or HTML/CSS/JS handoffs.
- Experience coding accessible websites and/or with semantic HTML5.
- Experience with contemporary Web animation and visualization libraries and frameworks (e.g., CSS3, D3, etc.)
- Design or UX experience is not required, but is a plus.
- Server-side development skills, particularly in Java or a similar object-oriented language.
- Experience working with content management systems and/or developing for CMS-managed sites.
- Demonstrated experience working in an environment calling for frequent, high-quality delivery.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.