The Services Division provides essential advisory and management services to the people of Goldman Sachs in over 95 cities around the world, helping to drive the firm's productivity and financial results while enabling its flow of business.
Who We Look For
Our people come to us from a range of disciplines, including management, finance, hospitality, engineering, real estate, international relations, political science, law enforcement, security and the arts and sciences.
If you’re achievement-oriented, creative, at your best in a diverse team environment, challenged by managing multiple projects and motivated by tangible results, we invite you to consider joining the Services team.
How We’re Organized
Services is comprised of Corporate Services and Real Estate and the Office of Global Security.
Corporate Service and Real Estate’s businesses are:
Business Services delivers high-quality, commercially managed services to internal business partners throughout the firm:
- The Travel team manages market development service levels and expense through commercial partnerships with a global network of travel, ground transportation, hotel and corporate accommodation providers.
- The Document Management team delivers on-site, near site and off-shore mail, messenger, print, presentation, records management, imaging, scanning and graphics services.
- The Hospitality team oversees the firm’s global, event management, food service, conference center and reception operations.
The Real Estate team plans, builds and operates the firm's facilities worldwide, ensuring that our core businesses operate efficiently 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Capital Projects team manages the design, construction and completion of the firm's facilities worldwide.
The Facilities Management team oversees the efficiency, reliability, maintenance and sustainability of Goldman Sachs’ work environments.
The Planning team manages the firm’s capital planning process, advises internal business partners on space needs and measures, reports and forecasts real estate capacities and trends.
The Transactions team negotiates and executes lease, sub-lease and other transactions in support of the firm's real estate initiatives.
The Finance team is based regionally and at a central hub in Bengalore, India. They provide financial analysis, decision support, procurement, contract administration and reporting for all initiatives within the Services Division and for business partners across the firm. The businesses in this area include:
- The Finance and Planning team is accountable for the accuracy and integrity of the division’s books and records, budgeting and forecasting for administered spend, analytics, occupancy and capital plan expense management.
- The Procurement and Contract Management team is responsible for sourcing, commercial negotiation, vendor and contract management and purchasing support for business partners across the firm.
- The Finance Delivery Center, a central operational hub in Bengalore, India, provides consistent global standards and data integrity in collaboration with regionally based Finance and Planning and Procurement and Contract Management teams.
- The Capital Management team provides cost estimation, budget, change control and schedule management, as well as requisition and accounting controls for all capital projects including the firm's new headquarters, data processing centers and offices in emerging markets.
Vendor Management Office
The Vendor Management Office team manages a global framework to effectively manage our vendors and mitigate risk for the firm.
Administration, Communications & Social Governance
Administration, Communications & Social Governance oversee organizational development, internal and client communications and environment, community and government relations.
- The Administration team supports the talent management of the division, including recruiting, professional development, career mobility and mentoring, in partnership with the People Development Committee and Human Capital Management.
- The Communications team helps plan and implement internal communications that support each of our lines of business. The team also works closely with our partners in the Corporate Communications, Government and Media Relations teams to support external communications as required.
- The Environmental, Social and Governance team oversees our citizenship commitments, including helping manage our direct impact on the environment, supplier diversity and community relations.
The Office of Global Security (OGS) protects the firm's people, assets, and reputation. To do this we provide People Protection, Physical Security, Fire Safety and Crisis Management.
The People Protection team focuses on the safety of our people, including travelers and events. We provide travelers with pre-travel advice and, in some cases, on the ground support. For the firm’s events we undertake risk assessments and provide security support.
The Physical Security team ensures all the firm’s facilities offer a safe and secure environment for our people and visitors. We also support the regulatory controls that govern the firm’s work. Close and effective relationships with law enforcement and other agencies are essential elements.
The Fire Safety team ensures we have effective systems and processes in place to minimize the risk of fire and avoid the likelihood of injury, damage or business interruption should a fire occur.
The Crisis Management team work to monitor and minimize threats to our people, reputation and business. There are three 24/7 Crisis Management Centers (CMC) across the globe. In the event of a crisis, the CMCs account for the safety and security of our people, whether in the office, traveling or on personal business. They also support the firm’s ability to operate continuously and swiftly recover from any business disruption. To support business resiliency, the team organize drills and work closely with other divisions across the firm.