Our Operational Impact
Since the release of our Environmental Policy Framework in 2005, we have been committed to adopting more sustainable procurement and supply chain practices.
We continue to advance our commitments to sustainable supply chain management through the development and deployment of a sustainable procurement framework that is integrated across our whole procurement lifecycle, prioritizing our material risks and promoting innovative collaboration with our vendors.
Responsible Procurement & Supply Chain Management
We are enhancing our current sustainable procurement processes by developing tools to embed environmental, social and governance practices into our existing procurement and vendor management program. A Code of Conduct will be rolled out to our vendor partners, which clearly states the expectations we have of our vendors to adopt ethical, safe, fair and environmentally responsible business practices. For the demolition works and construction of our new building in London, we have engaged with our contractors and their supply chain to help minimize our impact on the environment and promote the engagement of local and small businesses, as well as create opportunities for apprentices. Highlights include:
- 100% of timber used is from sustainably managed forests (Forest Stewardship Council certified)
- Over 99% of waste has been diverted to landfill
Our global operational efforts to enhance our sustainable procurement include, but are not limited to:
- Technology: Reusable bulk server packaging; e-waste recycling or re-purposing by ISO 14001-Certified Vendors; deploying remote access soft-tokens
- Food: Sustainable purchasing and operations; recycling; composting
- Paper and Print: Sustainable purchasing, recycling, print reduction (includes default duplex and secure printing, printer consolidation and transitioning to electronic statements). We are committed to a 20% reduction of paper per-capita from 2013 to 2020
- Furniture/Technology/Office Supplies: Sustainable purchasing; reuse protocols
- Travel: Eco-friendly cars and ferries; enhanced access to video conferencing in lieu of travel
- Events: Water systems that reduces single water bottle usage, promote use of electronic collateral materials, name tag recycling
- Capital Projects: Environmental and social performance of demolition contractors