What does it mean to be lead director of the Goldman Sachs board?
- Adebayo O. Ogunlesi [4:04]
Our board is led by our Chairman Lloyd Blankfein and our independent Lead Director Adebayo Ogunlesi. As lead director, Mr. Ogunlesi's key responsibilities include:
- Setting and Approving the agenda for Board meetings and leading executive sessions.
- Overseeing our Board's governance processes, with a focus on Board composition and conducting evaluations
- Serving as liaison between independent directos and Chairman/Management
- Engaging with key constituents, including investors and regulators
The Board's independent leadership is also enhanced by the leadership provided by our independent committee chairs, the independence of our Board and the governance policies and practices in place at our firm.