Australia and New Zealand
The following information is for your own protection and benefit. It explains certain legal and regulatory restrictions which apply to any investment in the products referred to in this website (the "Site"). When you have read the following information, please click on the appropriate link below to acknowledge that you have read and understood the information and to return to the main part of the Site. No content contained on this Site is to be construed as a solicitation or recommendation: all the material on the Site, including net asset values (the "Material") has been prepared for informational purposes only without regard to any particular user's investment objectives, financial situation, or means, and Goldman Sachs is not soliciting any action based upon such information. The Material is not to be construed as a recommendation; or an offer to buy or sell; or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security, financial product, or instrument; or to participate in any particular trading strategy in any jurisdiction. Although the Material is based upon information that Goldman Sachs in its reasonable discretion considers reliable and endeavours to keep current, Goldman Sachs has not verified this information and does not represent that this material is accurate, current, or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Except to the extent required by law, Goldman Sachs will have no responsibility to maintain the Material or to supply any corrections, updates or releases concerning the Material. By accessing this Site, you expressly acknowledge and agree that the Material provided by us and our third party providers are on an "as is" basis, and used at your sole risk.
To the extent that this Site contains any information about financial products offered by a Goldman Sachs entity in Australia, such products are available to investors in Australia and New Zealand only (or in such other jurisdiction other than the United States, where the product issuer in its absolute discretion, has approved such offer). Generally, the products and services on the Australia New Zealand section of the Site may not be offered to anyone who is not resident in Australia or New Zealand. In particular, no products on this Site have been registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act") and may not be offered or sold in the United States or to U.S. persons. These materials are not for use in, and may not be delivered to or inside, the United States. "U.S. Persons" include:
- any natural person resident in the United States
- any partnership or corporation organized or incorporated under the laws of the United States
- any estate of which any executor or administrator is a US Person
- any trust of which any trustee is a US Person
- any agency or branch of a foreign entity located in the United States
- any non-discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held by a dealer or other fiduciary for the benefit or account of a US Person
- any discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held by a dealer or other fiduciary organised, incorporated, or (if an individual) resident in the United States
- any partnership or corporation if organized or incorporated under the laws of any foreign jurisdiction and formed by a US person principally for the purpose of investing in securities not registered under the US Securities Act of 1933, as amended ('the Act'), unless it is organised or incorporated, and owned, by accredited investors (as defined in Rule 501(a) of Regulation D under the Act) who are not natural persons, estates or trusts.
The content of this Site does not constitute tax advice and as such, shareholders or prospective shareholders should be advised to consult their own tax advisers regarding the tax consequences of their investment activities.
Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future returns. The value of securities and the income from them, if any, may fall as well as rise. Investing in securities involves risks, including those arising from the stock and bond market, currency exchange rate and interest rate volatility. Because the return and principal value of an investment in securities will fluctuate with changes in market conditions, an investor's securities, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Investors may also incur a sales charge when purchasing securities, as a result of which, in the absence of investment returns, investors will not get back the amount invested.
You further expressly acknowledge that you have checked and confirm that you; (i) are legally entitled to view this website; (ii) understand that the securities mentioned on the Site may no longer be available for investment or may not be available to you; and (iii) understand that the information on the Site is not a promotion and that you will not treat it as such and that any information on the Site is not addressed specifically to you.
I confirm that I am not a U.S. Person (as defined in Regulation S of the U.S. Securities Act 1933) and that I have read, understood and accept the acknowledgements above.