Investment Management includes our Private Wealth Management (PWM) and Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) businesses. We serve a diverse range of clients – individuals, advisors and institutions – who trust us to help them save, protect and grow their capital to meet their financial goals. The division also offers wealth advisory services provided by the firm’s subsidiary, The Ayco Company, L.P.
Within Investment Management, many of our people serve in multi-function capacities but fundamentally, our business can be broken down into two main functions: Client Solutions and Investment Strategies.
- Client Solutions, including our Private Wealth Management and Goldman Sachs Asset Management professionals:
Our Private Wealth Management advisors secure, develop and manage relationships with high-net-worth individuals, their families, family offices and select foundations and endowments. They are focused on providing a differentiated service offering to clients across the wealth spectrum, working closely with our Consumer team on a holistic digital investment platform.
Our Client Business sales professionals partner with a diverse client base to identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. Institutional clients include corporate and public pension funds, foundations and endowments, insurers, financial institutions and governments. Retail clients include financial intermediaries including wire-houses, regional broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies and Registered Investment Advisors.
- Investment Strategies: Our Investment Strategies professionals build client portfolios across a broad range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, alternatives and multi-asset class solutions, to customize client solutions that meet their unique investment objectives.
Fundamental Equity conducts original, bottom-up research across a broad range of capitalizations and styles, spanning global developed and emerging markets. This team utilizes growth equity, value equity, global equity and real estate securities strategies.
Quantitative Investment Strategies uses advanced quantitative methods to systematically uncover and exploit sources of alpha. Our proprietary risk models seek to ensure that risk is actively managed and allocated according to our investment criteria. We offer a range of strategies across market capitalizations, regions and investment styles that can be tailored to meet specific client demands.
- Fixed Income seeks to uncover opportunities across borders and in under-researched markets. We use independent specialist teams for bottom-up and top-down decisions, and for generating strategies within their areas of expertise. The Fixed income team includes money market products, central funding and liquidity management businesses.
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies fixed income strategies and environmental, social and governance integrated and impact investments. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments.
GSAM Credit Alternatives is a global multi-strategy fundamental investment team, with a credit oriented focus. The team seeks to combine fundamental analysis with cross-product expertise to achieve attractive risk adjusted returns by discovering mispricings across capital structures and investing on both a directional and relative value basis and exploiting arbitrage and event driven opportunities. The team has continued to expand its international capabilities.
Goldman Sachs Investment Partners (GSIP) Venture Capital and Growth Equity pursues minority stake investments in private companies at all stages including venture, expansion stage growth and more mature, pre-IPO companies. The team seeks to back visionary entrepreneurs building technology-enabled businesses where Goldman Sachs can be a value-add partner.
Private Real Estate (PRE) Private Real Estate focuses on investing across all major property types spanning the risk and return spectrum, sourcing opportunities in primary and secondary markets. The group employs an active management approach, often partnering with operators or property managers to renovate and rebrand assets, including by implementing energy and operating efficiency programs to potentially realize cost savings.
Global Portfolio Solutions is a leading provider of multi-asset class investment solutions tailored to the specific needs and objectives of institutional clients. With professionals located around the world focused on investment and services, the team performs research, develops market insights, implements and manages multi-asset allocation strategies including tactical investment decisions and the specific application of risk management strategies and processes.
Consumer includes our Lending, Deposits, Cards and Consumer Wealth Management businesses as well as our Digital Storefront – collectively working towards creating the leading platform for millions of consumers to take control of their financial lives. Within our Consumer business, we are primarily looking for candidates with Digital Product and Design and Data and Analytics skillsets:
- Digital Product & Design professionals identify customer needs, designs cutting-edge products and develops roadmaps for growth. They collaborate across lines of business to deliver the best possible experience for our customers.
- Data & Analytics professionals help inform our business by analyzing and solving complex problems ranging from marketing strategies and pricing and offer optimization to credit underwriting and risk calculations.
* We have select opportunities in Marketing, Strategy and Finance