Before you start filling out the application, which takes 15-20 minutes, check that you have this information readily available:
Current address, email, preferred contact number and other relevant contact details.
University degrees and dates.
Information regarding exams you have taken and your scores.
Grade / GPA
Your cumulative grade / GPA as recognized by the university in which you are currently enrolled.
Personal Statement (Mandatory for EMEA only)
Your motivation for applying in 300 words or less.
Information regarding your proficiency of other languages.
CV / Resume
A current CV / resume in one of the following formats, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, Text or PDF. Your CV / resume must be under 512KB in size and must not be password protected.
Mandatory for applicants in the following countries:
- Germany / Austria / Switzerland - university and high school grade transcripts, letters of reference (Arbeitszeugnisse)
- Italy - university and high school grade transcripts
- Spain / Portugal / Denmark / Sweden / Finland / Norway / Netherlands - university grade transcripts
- New Zealand and Australia - most recent university academic transcript and/or transcripts
Please note that if you are applying from any country to Frankfurt or Zurich, you must attach the documents available to you listed under Germany / Austria / Switzerland.
Application instructions: example of how to apply to an Engineering (Tech and Strats) full time or summer internship position.
1. Visit gs.com/careers and select "Apply" under "I am a Student"
2. Click "Apply Now" and choose Summer Analyst / Associate (if you are graduating between Fall 2020 and Summer 2021) or New Analyst (if you are graduating by Summer 2020)
3. Select Recruiting Year – 2020
4. Select Position – Summer Internship / New Analyst
5. Select Role – Summer Analyst / New Analyst
6. Select Location – New York City; Dallas; San Francisco; Salt Lake City
7. Select Division – Engineering
8. Select Sub Division – General
9. Complete remaining questions, upload resume, and Submit!
For additional information on our application process, please refer to our FAQs.