Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Voices is a new initiative designed to help small business owners in the United States advocate for policy changes that will help their businesses, their employees, and their communities. We provide the 10,000 Small Businesses Voices community with the tools, resources, and training needed to make their voices heard and drive tangible impact against real issues.
- Access to Capital: Access to Flexible, patient capital with small business owner-friendly terms is crucial to small businesses, especially as they face increased costs related to the pandemic, inflation, and supply chain challenges. Access to capital is especially challenging for Black small business owners.
- Procurement Reform: Small businesses play an important role in the federal contracting landscape, providing key goods and services to the US government. But too often small businesses – particularly women-owned small businesses – are left on the sidelines given burdensome processes, high costs, and significant barriers to entry
- Child Care: Small business owners and their employees face challenges related to prohibitively high child care costs and small businesses child care providers struggle with low margins and limited capital access
- Workforce and Competitiveness: Small businesses face an uphill slope when trying to compete with larger businesses to train, hire, support, and retain employees. Small businesses deserve a level playing field.
- SBA Modernization: Given changing dynamics related to the pandemic, it is crucial that the Small Business Administration has the strategy and resources it needs to best serve small business owners.
From Pandemic to Prosperity: Bipartisan Solutions to Support Today’s Small Businesses