Goldman Sachs Bank USA (“GS Bank USA”) is a New York State-chartered bank and a member of the Federal Reserve System.
GS Bank USA is supervised by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (“FRBNY”), the New York State Department of Financial Services (“NYSDFS”), and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. As a registered swap dealer, GS Bank USA is also regulated by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
In March 2013, the Financial Services Authority authorized GS Bank USA to operate a branch in London, United Kingdom (the “London Branch”). The London Branch is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. GS Bank USA, together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a direct wholly-owned subsidiary of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
GS Bank USA engages in a number of activities that are core to its franchise, allow it to serve its clients, and achieve its strategic objectives: deposit taking, private bank lending, credit origination, mortgages, interest rate derivative products (including interest rate, credit, and currency products), and agency lending.
- Deposit Taking. GS Bank USA accepts deposits from clients of Goldman, Sachs & Co. (“GSCO”), from affiliates, and through deposit sweep agreements with third-party broker-dealers. GS Bank USA also issues term certificates of deposit (“CDs”).
- Private Bank Lending. GS Bank USA provides loans and residential mortgages to high-net-worth clients.
- Mortgages. GS Bank USA originates commercial mortgage loans and purchases commercial and residential mortgage loans and other consumer loan assets for securitization and market-making.
- Credit Origination. GS Bank USA provides loans and loan commitments to investment grade and non-investment grade borrowers. GS Bank USA’s loan commitments typically are agreements to lend with fixed termination dates and depend on the satisfaction of all contractual conditions to borrowing. The loans and loan commitments may be syndicated to third party institutional investors or retained by GS Bank USA.
- Interest Rate Derivative Products. GS Bank USA makes markets in over-the-counter derivatives, including cash-settled swap agreements, caps, collars, floors, options, and forward settlement contracts, in interest rates and related products, with counterparties that include corporations, financial institutions, investment funds, governments, and high-net-worth clients.
- Agency Lending. GS Bank USA acts as an agent lender in securities borrowing and lending markets.
GS Bank USA is committed to helping communities through the work of the Urban Investment Group, which provides community development lending, investing, and grant making in cities across the U.S.
GS Bank USA is proud to have received Outstanding ratings from the FRBNY and the NYSDFS in their 2012 evaluations of GS Bank USA’s Community Reinvestment Act (“CRA”) record. For a copy of GS Bank USA’s most recent CRA Performance Evaluation by the FRBNY, please click here. For a copy of GS Bank USA’s most recent CRA Performance Evaluation by the NYSDFS, please click here.