Invitation to Enter - MBA Buy Side Challenge: GSAM
The MBA Buy Side Challenge: GSAM contest is open to final year students pursuing a regular two-year PGP/MBA program at select institutes in India. Please see below for further details.
As a portfolio manager you are managing an equity portfolio, comprising of 6 stocks (stock details will be sent to participants via email). Analyze your portfolio and choose 1 stock from the list that you would like to increase/decrease exposure in your portfolio.
1) Each participating team should submit a pitch deck of maximum 10 pages (including title page) with your analysis in pdf format.
a. Trade Recommendation
b. Industry Analysis
c. Competitive Dynamics
d. Company analysis
e. Key Risks
f. Valuation Framework (DCF, Relative Valuation, Precedent Deals etc)
2) A 3 statement excel model with:
a. Income statement with 3-year historical and 5 years forecasted line items
b. Balance Sheet with 3-year historical and 5 years forecasted line items
c. Cash Flow Statement with 3-year historical and 5 years forecasted line items
d. Valuation Sheet
e. Ratios/metrics that you think are relevant for the analysis
This contest is open to final year students pursuing a regular two-year PGP/MBA program at the following institutes:
• Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
• Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
• Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
• Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
• Teams of exactly two members (same institute) can register for the competition
• There is no restriction on the number of teams from an Institute
• Competition Launch Date: 1st Nov 2020
• End Registration: 8th Nov 2020
• Submission: 15th Nov 2020
• Competition Feedback Session and Buy-Side Workshop: 28th & 29th Nov 2020
• Finalist Presentation for top 5 teams: 2nd & 3rd Dec 2020
• Winner Announcement: 4th Dec 2020
• Approach towards Selection of Stock and Trade Recommendation
• Depth of investment thesis and risks
• Company and Industry analysis – breadth, depth and analysis
• Valuation methodology accuracy
• Formatting and language
Top 5 teams from each campus will then present and defend their analysis in front of a panel of Goldman Sachs professionals.
The top 5 teams from each campus will receive exclusive GS goodies and top teams from campuses will receive fast track interview opportunities / Pre-Placement Interviews for GSAM Buy-side research role.
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2020
Steps for submission
1. Create a folder and name it as campus name_team name. For e.g. IIMC_TeamAlpha.
2. Save your slide deck (.pdf only) and your model (.xls/.xlsx only) in the folder.
3. Zip the folder and e-mail it to email@example.com
For any queries or issues, please write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore our Program Finder for more opportunities in India.