10,000 Small Businesses Fellows Report
We have deepened our investment in small businesses by helping them to address one of the most crucial barriers to business growth: finding and hiring qualified talent. See how the 10,000 Small Businesses Fellows pilot is addressing business needs while increasing employment opportunities for diverse talent.
In Fall 2021, Goldman Sachs piloted the 10,000 Small Businesses Fellows program as an innovative internship experience. The program is having a tangible impact on both community college students and small businesses. It is supporting small businesses in reaching their business goals and investing in the professional growth of local talent. The early findings have been overwhelmingly positive and affirm the case for continued ways to connect small businesses to resources and new talent pipelines.
- 87% of Fellows stated that the internship was a meaningful work experience.
- 83% of Fellows reported that they gained new skills and knowledge that would contribute to their future goals, including problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- The internship created value for the business for 81% of Hosts.
- Hosts shared that Fellows provided value to the business estimated to be double the cost of paying the Fellow over the three-month internship.
- “This was a game-changer for our business without a doubt.” - Small Business Host, Cleveland