Name of the Company
Goldman Sachs (India) Securities Private Limited
951-A, Rational House, Appasaheb Marathe Marg
Prabhadevi, Mumbai India- 560 071
+91 22 6616 9000
+91 22 6616 9001
SEBI Registration No. for Stock Broking
Corporate Identification No (CIN)
Investor grievance ID
INVESTOR AWARENESS AND SAFEGUARDING CLIENTS’ ASSETS1
- Beware of fixed/guaranteed/regular returns/ capital protection schemes. Brokers or their authorized persons or any of their associates are not authorized to offer fixed/guaranteed/regular returns/ capital protection on your investment or authorized to enter into any loan agreement with you to pay interest on the funds offered by you. Please note that in case of default of a member claim for funds or securities given to the broker under any arrangement/ agreement of indicative return will not be accepted by the relevant Committee of the Exchange as per the approved norms.
- Do not keep funds idle with the Stock Broker. Please note that your stock broker has to return the credit balance lying with them, within three working days in case you have not done any transaction within last 30 calendar days. Please note that in case of default of a Member, claim for funds and securities, without any transaction on the exchange will not be accepted by the relevant Committee of the Exchange as per the approved norms.
- Check the frequency of accounts settlement opted for. If you have opted for running account, please ensure that your broker settles your account and, in any case, not later than once in 90 days (or 30 days if you have opted for 30 days’ settlement). In case of declaration of trading member as defaulter, the claims of clients against such defaulter member would be subject to norms for eligibility of claims for compensation from IPF to the clients of the defaulter member. These norms are available on Exchange website at following links:
- Brokers are not permitted to accept transfer of securities as margin. Securities offered as margin/ collateral MUST remain in the account of the client and can be pledged to the broker only by way of ‘margin pledge’, created in the Depository system. Clients are not permitted to place any securities with the broker or associate of the broker or authorized person of the broker for any reason. Broker can take securities belonging to clients only for settlement of securities sold by the client.
- Always keep your contact details viz. Mobile number/Email ID updated with the stock broker. Email and mobile number is mandatory and you must provide the same to your broker for updation in Exchange records. You must immediately take up the matter with Stock Broker/Exchange if you are not receiving the messages from Exchange/Depositories regularly.
- Don't ignore any emails/SMSs received from the Exchange for trades done by you. Verify the same with the Contract notes/Statement of accounts received from your broker and report discrepancy, if any, to your broker in writing immediately and if the Stock Broker does not respond, please take this up with the Exchange/Depositories forthwith.
- Check messages sent by Exchanges on a weekly basis regarding funds and securities balances reported by the trading member, compare it with the weekly statement of account sent by broker and immediately raise a concern to the exchange if you notice a discrepancy.
- Please do not transfer funds, for the purposes of trading to anyone, including an authorized person or an associate of the broker, other than a SEBI registered Stock broker
CLIENT MONEY BANK ACCOUNTS
Pursuant to BSE Ltd. notice no. 20230127-42 and National Stock Exchange of India Limited circular ref. no. NSE/INSP/55402 dated January 27, 2023, the details of active client bank accounts for Stock Broking business are as stated under:
Investors are requested to note that Stock broker - Goldman Sachs (India) Securities Private Limited (SEBI Regn.: INZ000277034) is permitted to receive/pay money from/to investor through designated bank accounts only named as client bank accounts. Stock broker - Goldman Sachs (India) Securities Private Limited is also required to disclose these client bank accounts to Stock Exchange. Hence, you are requested to use following client bank accounts only for the purpose of dealings in your trading account with us. The details of these client bank accounts are also displayed by Stock Exchanges on their website under “Know/ Locate your Stock Broker”
To view this information in a PDF, please click here.
INVESTOR AWARENESS REGARDING THE REVISED GUIDELINES ON MARGIN COLLECTION2
- Stock Brokers can accept securities as margin from clients only by way of pledge in the depository system w.e.f. September 01, 2020.
- Update your email id and mobile number with your stock broker / depository participant and receive OTP directly from depository on your email id and/or mobile number to create pledge.
- Check your securities / MF / bonds in the consolidated account statement issued by NSDL/CDSL every month.
.......... Issued in the interest of Investors
UPDATION OF MOBILE NUMBER AND EMAIL ID OF CLIENTS3
- Prevent Unauthorised transactions in your account --> Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchange on your mobile/email at the end of the day.......... Issued in the interest of investors
INFORMATION REGARDING SEBI COMPLAINT REDRESS SYSTEM (SCORES)4
Filing Complaints on SCORES - Easy & quick
a. Register on SCORES portal (https://scores.gov.in/scores/Welcome.html)
b. Mandatory details for filing complaints on SCORES:
i. Name, PAN, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID
i. Effective Communication
ii. Speedy redressal of the grievances
PROCEDURE TO VIEW COLLATERAL DATA BY CLIENTS ON NSE WEBSITE5
With a view to providing visibility of client-wise collateral in compliance with SEBI circular no. SEBI/HO/MRD2_DCAP/CIR/2021/0598 dated July 20, 2021, NSE Clearing has provided a web portal facility to allow clients to view their designated collateral placed with Member and as reported by their registered Trading Member / Clearing Member.
Clients can refer the below NSE Clearing process to register on the NSE Clearing web portal and view their collateral details.
1Ref: NSE Circular NSE/INSP/49434 dated Aug 27, 2021 and BSE Notice 20210827-44 dated Aug 27, 2021
2Ref: NSE Circular NSE/INSP/45565 dated Sept 2, 2020 and BSE Notice 20200903-1 dated Sept 3, 2020
3Ref: NSE Circular NSE/INSP/27436 dated Aug 26, 2014 and BSE Notice 20140822-30 dated Aug 22, 2014
4Ref: NSE Circular NSE/ISC/2019/41519 dated July 4, 2019 and BSE Notice 20190704-44 dated July 4, 2019