Veterans Integration Program
At Goldman Sachs, we are committed to supporting our military veterans and believe that diversity in experience is an asset to the firm.
Aimed at supporting military personnel transitioning to the civilian workforce, the Goldman Sachs Veteran's Integration Program (VIP) serves as a cornerstone experience for candidates looking to explore what their career within the firm could look like.
VETERANS AND ARMED FORCES INTEGRATION PROGRAMS
Americas Veterans Integration Program (VIP)
The Goldman Sachs Veteran’s Integration Program provides candidates the opportunity to hone their skills, connect with mentors, and discover the range of opportunities available to them as a transitioning veteran. This one-year, specially curated program will contain two core stages:
Stage 1: January 2023 to April 2023
Participants will have access to professional development, skill building, and network growth through:
- Have an aligned a mentor who will advocate on their behalf throughout the program and application process
- Learn more about the opportunities available within our divisions
- Attend interview and resume workshops aimed at connecting a wide range of military experience to the candidate's roles of interest
- Increase their understanding of the financial markets through our Capital Markets series
- Network with senior leaders and members of the Goldman Sachs Veteran’s Network
- Leverage a learning engagement platform that allows for connectivity between program participants and GS professionals outside of scheduled sessions
Stage 2: May 2023 to December 2023
Following training and professional development, participants will continue to engage in online skill-based trainings, mentor connectivity, and application guidance:
- Robust online technical skills training with an emphasis on professional interest identification and role-alignment
- Continued guidance from both our diversity and experienced hire recruiting teams as they explore and apply for open roles
- Mentor connectivity throughout the year to increase candidate advocacy regardless of application timeline and ensure opportunities for support are clear and accessible
- Applications for the 2023 Americas Veterans Integration program are now closed.
- If you are interested in staying up to date on our 2024 Veterans Integration Program, please click here and submit your information for our team to stay in touch.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum one year of military service
- Military separation date between December 2020 and April 2023
- Open to both enlisted and commissioned personnel
Applications for the 2023 Veterans Integration Program are currently closed. Please, check back in September for 2024 Veterans Integration Program updates.
If you have questions or need accommodations: please email the Diversity Recruiting Team.
EMEA Veterans Integration Programme (VIP) 2024
Our EMEA Veterans Integration Programme (VIP) provides access to our firm through a 12-week, paid internship where you will be able to leverage your military skills such as leadership, teamwork, and problem solving. During the internship, we run a number of events and initiatives to support the class with their transition into civilian life, such as a Capital Markets training session, a Senior Speaker Series and networking sessions. You will then spend the rest of the internship on the desk and are expected to deliver a project. We will then work with you to support and guide you with interview preparation for full-time roles at Goldman Sachs.
Programme Dates: 12 weeks commencing 26th February 2024
EMEA Virtual Insight Evening
Wednesday 30th August 2023
Presentations: 6.00pm – 7.00pm (BST)
Networking: 7.00pm- 8.00pm (BST)
EMEA In-person Insight Evening
Thursday 14th September 2023
Presentations: 5.30pm – 7.30pm (BST)
Networking: 7.30pm- 8.30pm (BST)
Register for insight events here.
Applications: Applications for the 2024 Veterans Integration Programme are now open with an application deadline of 1st of October 2024.
- Minimum of one year military service
- Military separation date between April 2022 and March 2024
- Must not have entered full time paid employment since leaving the service (excluding internships)
Spouses & Domestic Partners:
We are accepting applications from spouses and domestic partners of those currently serving in the military, and service leavers up to 6 months following programme start date. A domestic partner includes a Civil Union partner, and live-in partner (living together for at least 12 months).
India Veterans Integration Program
Launched in 2014 in India, Goldman Sachs Veterans Integration Program, previously known as the Armed Forces Integration Program, provides officers joining the civilian workforce after serving in the armed forces with an opportunity to develop their professional skills, strengthen their understanding of financial services and prepare for future careers in the industry.
The 12-week paid program is crafted as a “hands on” experience and offers participating veterans a real view into future responsibilities and demands. A structured training curriculum includes skills training, extensive business overviews, senior leader connectivity, and mentor and buddy programs to help learn about the firm’s culture. Every participant will receive ongoing feedback and a performance review, and connect weekly with a member of our Human Capital Management team. The initiative also provides an opportunity to explore full-time roles following completion of the program, based on performance, and depending on the availability of suitable open roles.
As a participant, you will:
- Experience a guided period of exploration and an opportunity to sharpen your skills in a work environment that is different from your experience in the armed forces
- Access the vast network of resources at Goldman Sachs through continual leadership development, support, and mentorship from a dedicated Veterans Integration Program Team
- Receive support as you navigate the transition to full time employment
- Participate in several sessions focused on building community and creating a seamless transition experience into the civilian workforce
Eligibility: Officers interested in joining the civilian workforce after serving in the Indian Armed Forces.
To learn more, click here